TechSpot

Watercooling

By WhatHells
Jun 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    I'm building up a new PC and for the first time and I will use watercooling instead of standard aircooling.

I'd cool the CPU and GPU: intel i7 3930K (OC > 4.5 GHz) and GTX Titan.
    I'm not sure about the pump(s), reservoir and radiator(s) I should use, can you help me ? (I'd prefer using only XSPC components if it's possible)
    It will also help me to choose the right case.

Thanks.

2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,904   +715

What kind of budget were you looking at? I assume that if you're waterblocking a Titan and an X79 build then you'd have some flexibility.
    XSPC parts aren't inordinately expensive, and if the loop is CPU waterblock + GPU waterblock only then you could use a standard XSPC kit using the AX360 or RX360 radiator as a base (chassis roof mount), with a single 120mm or 140mm radiator mounted at the rear chassis fan exhaust position, to remove excess heat from the GPU before the coolant hits the CPU block.

I'd suggest starting a new thread, as fine-tuning a loop might run to a few posts. PM or tag me to let me know when you've done so. Some other information regarding your location, any preferred (r)etailers, preferences on chassis style, preferences on components ( bay reservoir or internal multi-option/ tank. as example my rig picture - the Switch 810 link in post #22, shows an XSPC tank reservoir/D5 pump located in the floor of the chassis -easier to refill/drain, less noise than most bay reservoirs)

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,454   +227

Moving thread.

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

Just a side note WhatHells, if you didnt buy the components and can wait, IB-E is gonna be released in the next few months. Also, the 780 is basically a Titan for $350 less. It is your choice, but those are some suggestions.

5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,262   +541

Try this site for good watercooling parts and deals
    www.frozencpu.com

I personally have a raystorm kit that's nice like this one: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...New_Rev_4_Pump_Includedw_Free_Dead-Water.html (My tablet does not like the link button on the site..)

Depends on if you want an inside system or a bay system though what parts to get. I like the DC5 pumps from swiftech as they are quiet and reliable. But check out that site, they always have lots of good starter kits and deals going around and a huge selection of parts for every type of case/system.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.