WD my book live duo: disappeared shares

Some shares on my 3+3 my book live duo RAID1 are no more accessible, they are shown as 0 bytes. It seems that the share table was corrupted, nevertheless the data are there (ther is still the right used space on the disk)
I spent two months exchanging mails with the WD support and the only suggestion I received was to reset the system and loose the data.
otherwise I could access one of the disks directly but neither windows neiter linux can read the disk (they cannot even mount it).
first a complain: why I should spend a lot of money to have reliable disks in raid1 configuration if a bug in a proprietary software can fool my efforts.
second a requst for help: does anyone knows how to read the damned disk?
thank you for any suggestion.

Mybook live duo, as a system, can be connected only via RJ45 connector to the LAN. In this case you can access data only via the Mybook live SW as a remote drive of your LAN and it seems that in this way there is no possibility to "resume" the lost shares (or at least neither me neither the WD support found a way to do it).
To overcome the WD software, under hint of the WD support, I extracted one of the two disks, I put it into a docking station and checked with SW tools that make visible linux disks and partitions on Windows OS, but it wasn't able even to mount the disk.

I extracted one of the two disks, I put it into a docking station and checked with SW tools that make visible linux disks and partitions on Windows OS, but it wasn't able even to mount the disk.
not good. that was a good technique and should have allowed access to the partition and the files. However, I would attempt to attach to a MAc system before assuming the hd is corrupted.

I am sure that the data are not corrupted, I think that the share table in the WD software is corrupted and so I cannot access my data through the WD interface.
I am looking for a way to access the data directly and unfortunately I have no idea about the format that WD adopted for their Mybook live duo system.
Thank you for your suggestion to check with a Mac system, I will try.

Hmm; perhaps you have some special understanding, but frankly, I've never heard of a "share table" in any OS {Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux}. Sharing is an attribute of a folder or a file
and regardless, you should still see the partition & folder contents (using the technique attempted) even if there were such a table.

Hi there,
It just happened a very similar situation to me. My NAS just rebuild the RAID1 and while I can still see the existing Shares when I connect to the administration page but I can't access them (not able to map the share). The disk still shows the used capacity as per before status, but shares and files not accessible

I can create new shares and upload data or retrieve data from the recently created Shares.

Any suggestion on how to retrieve the data I have on those Shares? I would never expect this situation with a Raid1 configuration as the data was supposed to be protected.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Back