Web browser icon

D

Dalton

I am having something weird happening with my web browser icon. If I visit a website sometimes I will notice that my web browser icon text has changed to the name of the website I was currently at. This has happened before now and then but not very often? Anyone hear of this sort of thing before?

Google Chrome was the browser i was using. It does it on another computer with Mozilla Firefox also and can't seem to figure this out.

Yes the icon on the desktop. The name changed to the website i was visiting. Where it says google chrome it said the name of the site instead. Very strange and seems no one else has heard of this before. Makes me wonder what this would be.

You could......if it bugs you..? At your own risk mind you..

Windows XP

Delete the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
Re-create the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam
Create and then set the BagMRU Size registry value to 5000 in the registry subkeys that you created in Step 2.

Windows Vista or Windows 7

Delete the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

For x64-based versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7, delete the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
Re-create the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

BEFORE DOING ANYTHING in your registry, BACK IT UP. If you don't, you can easily be using your computer for a door stop, NO kidding.:dead::mad:

Try right clicking on the Web Browser Icon, and go to Properties.

copy and paste what is in the "Target", and "Start In" text fields.

Back