Web Cam Driver ?

By franco123
Nov 7, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello to all, I have a WEB CAM, the Name on it says Hiteck, It has 4 LED Lights on it. USB JACK AND MIEKE Plug, I cannot find a Driver. When I plug in I get the Single Chip CIF read. Can anyon e Help.

Frank
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,438

Im not a professional on webcams but i'll try and help... So is your cam from Logitech? I never heard of Hiteck to be honest =P
    Also search on google.com for your Webcam's home website and download a driver from there
  3. franco123

franco123 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

web cam

No, it says Hiteck,

Frank
  4. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

use a hardware reader like SIW or Everest home (google them) and with the camera pluged in look for the info for it in there. I think it should give you some model no. or a link to an available driver download place.
  5. franco123

I will try, thanks

Frank
  6. franco123

Web Cam Siw

Well I downloaded the SIW Nice Software but I could not Identify the WEB Cam. I looked in other devices, Audio, Video nothing unusual. This has me baffled. Seems to be a nIce Web Cam, Round, all Metal 4 Led Lights, Nice clip

Any Ideas????
  7. The_Dark_Lord

The_Dark_Lord Newcomer, in training

Hi Frank,

I have a HI Cam brought it from Gameware is it the same as yours? It has 4 led lights and mic maybe I could mail you the drivers I have for that one if it is.
  8. franco123

web cam

Well I gave up on the old web cam bought a new vx-3000 Life Cam and works like a charm on my Lap Top, when I installed on my PC cannot load the Driver says corrupt, went to Micro soft support, they could not figuire out. Can it be be a PC issue????????
  9. loulyholly

loulyholly Newcomer, in training

Cif driver solution!!

To all who have probelm with CIF single chip web cam:

Her guys...

Some great one called VERMAN has solved our problem

Check this topic http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic54512.html

download the file which VERMAN told about... then run the "find new hardware" after attaching ur cam to the computer and then point to the folder where u have the file in.. let the pc seach in this folder and install ur web cam driver

ENJOY!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.