TechSpot

Web Cam Driver ?

By franco123
Nov 7, 2006
  1. Hello to all, I have a WEB CAM, the Name on it says Hiteck, It has 4 LED Lights on it. USB JACK AND MIEKE Plug, I cannot find a Driver. When I plug in I get the Single Chip CIF read. Can anyon e Help.

Frank

2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

Im not a professional on webcams but i'll try and help... So is your cam from Logitech? I never heard of Hiteck to be honest =P
    Also search on google.com for your Webcam's home website and download a driver from there

3. franco123

franco123 TS Rookie Topic Starter

web cam

No, it says Hiteck,

Frank

4. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

use a hardware reader like SIW or Everest home (google them) and with the camera pluged in look for the info for it in there. I think it should give you some model no. or a link to an available driver download place.

5. franco123

I will try, thanks

Frank

6. franco123

Web Cam Siw

Well I downloaded the SIW Nice Software but I could not Identify the WEB Cam. I looked in other devices, Audio, Video nothing unusual. This has me baffled. Seems to be a nIce Web Cam, Round, all Metal 4 Led Lights, Nice clip

Any Ideas????

7. The_Dark_Lord

The_Dark_Lord TS Rookie

Hi Frank,

I have a HI Cam brought it from Gameware is it the same as yours? It has 4 led lights and mic maybe I could mail you the drivers I have for that one if it is.

8. franco123

web cam

Well I gave up on the old web cam bought a new vx-3000 Life Cam and works like a charm on my Lap Top, when I installed on my PC cannot load the Driver says corrupt, went to Micro soft support, they could not figuire out. Can it be be a PC issue????????

9. loulyholly

loulyholly TS Rookie

Cif driver solution!!

To all who have probelm with CIF single chip web cam:

Her guys...

Some great one called VERMAN has solved our problem

Check this topic http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic54512.html

download the file which VERMAN told about... then run the "find new hardware" after attaching ur cam to the computer and then point to the folder where u have the file in.. let the pc seach in this folder and install ur web cam driver

ENJOY!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.