TechSpot

Web pages display too small

By jjawinte
Dec 5, 2009
  1. I just got a new rig with Windows 7 Home Premium.I installed the latest version of FF
    and all the web pages are very small w/borders on either side of at least 2 inches.My resolution is set at 1280x800 (as always).I tried the normal adjustments w/W7, but it only effects the display of icons, text,etc.,not the pages.Explorer displays the pages normally, but I don't like IE. I like my Fox.I'm thinking it's the new FF version conflicting w/W7.

Is there a simple solution to this or am I going to have to go back to the older FF version ( I don't want to lose all my FF settings and bookmarks....Again ) ? I'm 10 minutes away from going back to the previous version.

If there's a tweak or setting adjustment to rectify this, I would be grateful for the info.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

I don't care for Firefox, so I use Google Chrome. Does firefox have a ZOOM feature? Chrome does, as IE8 does?

3. jjawinte

jjawinte TS Rookie Topic Starter

And how does this help me?

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,927   +167

Once more, does Firefox have a zoom feature? A zoom feature makes the text bigger on a webpage. ie larger, normal and smaller. Just what you are looking to do in Firefox... Understand now?

5. jjawinte

jjawinte TS Rookie Topic Starter

I simply want FF to display web pages in full screen just as IE does, that's all.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.