Web pages won't load full content

kcihteteyr

I am on an older laptop and no matter which browser I use my webpages won't load the full content. I have tried updating everything and it still will not load properly. Mainly images and boxes where information needs to be entered will not show but I can guess and still type into the boxes. Click icons will not be their but I can mouse over and click the blank spot and it will work. Not sure if their is an issue with java or what.

Try going to your browser of choice and clearing your history and cache. If this doesnt work try flushing the DNS:
  1. Open the Start menu.
  2. Go to Run.
    • If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
  3. In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
  4. Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.
[FONT=arial][FONT=arial][FONT=arial]After this,tell me what your internet speed is: http://www.speedtest.net/ This may be interfering with the loading of web pages. If these solutions do not work, I have other solutions.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I'm 90% sure it's your Java. Try re-installed it or you might have disabled it, if not just re-installed it. If it doesn't work, I have another trick.

No, I'm talking about JavaScript.

BTW, issue solved, his internet is just way to slow. If you need to improve your internet speed, PM me.
Java and Javascript are lightyears apart! Completely different. And no, he doesnt need to improve his speed. Millions of people have that speed and do just fine. It is something to do with his browser/modem/router.

Java and Javascript are lightyears apart! Completely different. And no, he doesnt need to improve his speed. Millions of people have that speed and do just fine. It is something to do with his browser/modem/router.

I never said Java and JavaScript were the same. And Nope, it can't be his modem/router. I assume only his PC has that problem otherwise he'd mention it here that his whole family has the same problem.

--

What you should try to do now is clear your browser's cache. If it doesn't resolve the issue.

Here's another possibility is that somehow those two web addresses have been added to the Window's HOSTS file in a manner which stops them from being found.
The HOSTS file can be used for this purpose when you wish to prevent access to malicious or unsavoury websites, but some malware can also put perfectly legitimate websites in there just to frustrate you. The Windows Update website is a common victim of this.

The HOSTS file is here on Windows XP/7: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

It's simply called 'hosts' or 'HOSTS' (there's no 3-letter extension at the end), and it can be opened, edited and saved with Notepad (right-click, 'Open with...')

If you see in there the two problem web addresses with the numbers 127.0.0.1 at the beginning of each line, delete those two lines and save the file. It should fix the problem.

Let me know if these techniques can't fix the problem.

How can I do this on an iOS device, where do I do it? I’m not very techy. Thanks
OOPS - - sorry, just assumed you were on windows. That's not possible on iOS - mobile devices - UNLESS you are connected to your home wifi.

So this is happening to me also and it still doesnt work when I do the ipconfig thing in the Run app it still is showing all the text on the left side and nothing else is

Attachments

• This isnt working.png
    This isnt working.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
Back