TechSpot

Web pages won't load full content

By kcihteteyr
Feb 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I am on an older laptop and no matter which browser I use my webpages won't load the full content. I have tried updating everything and it still will not load properly. Mainly images and boxes where information needs to be entered will not show but I can guess and still type into the boxes. Click icons will not be their but I can mouse over and click the blank spot and it will work. Not sure if their is an issue with java or what.

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,975   +908

Try going to your browser of choice and clearing your history and cache. If this doesnt work try flushing the DNS:
    1. Open the Start menu.
    2. Go to Run.
      • If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
    3. In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
    4. Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.
    After this,tell me what your internet speed is: http://www.speedtest.net/ This may be interfering with the loading of web pages. If these solutions do not work, I have other solutions.

3. compfixing

compfixing TS Rookie Posts: 43

I'm 90% sure it's your Java. Try re-installed it or you might have disabled it, if not just re-installed it. If it doesn't work, I have another trick.

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,245   +232

My java is disabled on my W7 & all web pages open fine on mine. Not saying you're incorrect, but...........:)

UNKNOWN9122 likes this.
  5. JC713

I uninstalled it and I am 100% fine. No one uses Java really anymore... it is an old standard that has been overridden by more modern coding options.

learninmypc likes this.
  6. compfixing

That's weird, when I disabled it, some contents not fully displayed.

7. learninmypc

What browser?

8. kcihteteyr

kcihteteyr TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

9. JC713

Your internet is pretty slow, you may have to give it some time to load completely.

10. compfixing

No, I'm talking about JavaScript.

BTW, issue solved, his internet is just way to slow. If you need to improve your internet speed, PM me.

11. JC713

Java and Javascript are lightyears apart! Completely different. And no, he doesnt need to improve his speed. Millions of people have that speed and do just fine. It is something to do with his browser/modem/router.

12. learninmypc

I agree, I started my internet life on a free dialup ISP, but very seldom experienced slow page loading. Even was able to use & enjoy Google Earth.

UNKNOWN9122 likes this.
  13. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 889   +171

Lol, his internet speed is 2X faster then my Sprint 3G. And, I can load up pages just fine with my crappy cell service.

UNKNOWN9122 and learninmypc like this.
  14. JC713

I feel so lucky to have 20down 5 up now lol

15. learninmypc

MY ISP.jpg
    Ok, thats mine, wi fi

16. compfixing

I never said Java and JavaScript were the same. And Nope, it can't be his modem/router. I assume only his PC has that problem otherwise he'd mention it here that his whole family has the same problem.

--

What you should try to do now is clear your browser's cache. If it doesn't resolve the issue.

Here's another possibility is that somehow those two web addresses have been added to the Window's HOSTS file in a manner which stops them from being found.
    The HOSTS file can be used for this purpose when you wish to prevent access to malicious or unsavoury websites, but some malware can also put perfectly legitimate websites in there just to frustrate you. The Windows Update website is a common victim of this.

The HOSTS file is here on Windows XP/7: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

It's simply called 'hosts' or 'HOSTS' (there's no 3-letter extension at the end), and it can be opened, edited and saved with Notepad (right-click, 'Open with...')

If you see in there the two problem web addresses with the numbers 127.0.0.1 at the beginning of each line, delete those two lines and save the file. It should fix the problem.

Let me know if these techniques can't fix the problem.

17. JC713

You said disable Java... And I already recommended clearing the cache.

18. learninmypc

Maybe we should just wait till the OP catches up with this thread.:)

compfixing and UNKNOWN9122 like this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.