TechSpot

Webcam Asus troubles

1. Hello I'm new in these forums, in fact I actually created an account to see if maybe someone can help. I have an ASUS N53S who's built in webcam is not functioning. I had used this webcam before with no troubles until about a few months ago. I stopped using it for a while and suddenly tried downloading skype and the camera just wouldn't open up. At first it said webcam is being used by another program so I tried closing up any program I had opened (unsuccessfully) I couldn't find the program. So I decided maybe it was the driver or whatever, well when I went onto device manager the webcam driver didn't even show up. I decided to maybe restart the computer? (not computer savvy lol) anyways out of frustration I just ended up ignoring this issue until about today when I really needed the webcam for a problem I'm having. So here I am, I checked device manager and suddenly a webcam did pop up (sometimes when I restart laptop it opens up and sometimes it doesn't) ? Not sure what the problem is now every time I open lifeframe the screen is still black.. I also went onto that testwebcam site and screen is also black...

If anyone can please help me out not sure if webcam is acting up or what...

if it helps I checked what driver it was and I believe it is an

USB\VID_174F&PID_1718&REV_0104&MI_00

USB\VID_174F&PID_1718&MI_00

I went onto ASUS website thinking maybe I can uninstall and install their drivers but no luck...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.