Webcam Driver for Ancient Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... back in around 2005 I ordered a little something from SkyMall called the Wondercam. It was sleek, small, and best of all it had video recording capability as well as photography capability. It has 4 megapixels, so the quality is a bit low, but it's still functional and I've made good use of it.

Unfortunately, over the years I seemed to have misplaced the CD that came with it, and now I can't use it as a webcam. I'll give the specs to make finding the driver easier:

Name: Wondercam
Model Number: WC-201
ASIN Number: B000CCK5P6
Manufacturer: Unknown (Yeah, I have now idea who made it. Never said, not even in the handbook which also was lost)

I hope someone out there can find the driver, or, at least, something that works. I don't care if it's the same driver, I just want to be able to use it as a webcam.

I did a search and the closest I got was Amazon that stated that your camera was made in Japan by an OEM company that made cameras for both Konica and Vivicam. Since it was OEM it goes a long way of explaining why the handbook never said the company's name.

From what I also can gather if you search SkyMall Wonder Cam the name of the company was WonderLabs but their website is no longer in existance.

Have you tried allowing Windows to install its own drivers?

If you're still running XP you'll have better odds at finding a driver (as many of the older cams use drivers that won't work under Vista or Win 7). In any case, start here [post=732032]How to identify your webcam (and then find its driver)[/post]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back