Webcam is not working on my laptop

Hi, I have Sony vaio E series laptop with i3-350 M processor 2.26 GHz, 3 GB RAM . My webcam is not working since long time, whenever I try to open webcam application it says webcam is not detected. I also checked in device manager there is no imaging device. So can anyone help me with this issue?

It could be a number of things, but it may well be that the wire from the camera to the motherboard that passes through one of the hinges has become detached or a solder joint has failed. If you knew the exact model web cam module you could get a used one complete with the wires on eBay. That data won't show on the specs so you'd have to get the info from Sony who haven't made computers for years. Taking a Vaio apart, even if you find a how to do it instruction on the web, is likely to be challenging. You might do all that and find it is some software or driver issue but again you need the details for the camera module fitted in the laptop. Sony's support site will have the info somewhere but their support was never up to much. Look into buying a USB plug in webcam which would give you a far better image and be cheap and easy to use.

Back