Webcam not detected

Having some trouble with the built-in webcam I have on my laptop. I bought it used from a friend (it's a custom built laptop), and am only having this problem recently. I believe I've uploaded the correct info, if I understood the directions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• devmanview results.txt
    863.3 KB · Views: 3
Any CD come with it? If not, I'd suggest going to the manufacturers website of the webcam & get any updates for it.

Having some trouble with the built-in webcam I have on my laptop. I bought it used from a friend (it's a custom built laptop), and am only having this problem recently. I believe I've uploaded the correct info, if I understood the directions. Any help is greatly appreciated!
You need to Save As a "tab delimited text" file then I can take a look

/* EDIT */
Tell us the make and model of your computer as well!

Here we are, fixed the SAVE AS. As far as make and model, it was a custom built laptop. When I asked my friend about make/model, he sent me this: Intel chipset i7 740 4 gigs of ram ati radeon 5780 windows 7. hopefully that contains the info you need.

Attachments

• devmanview correct.txt
    323.1 KB · Views: 3
It's not a driver issue. (fyi...Windows doesn't need drivers to detect a plug and play device like a web cam. It needs the driver to use the device functionality, I.e. make the cam work as a cam!)

Device detection may fail if a) device not connected b) not turned on/no power or c) device hardware fail. In your case, look like h/w fail :(

If you scroll through your device list you'll see an entry named BisonCam, NB Pro.That's the driver entry for the cam last time it was detected and driver was installed. BUT if you look at Connected column = No. There's no plug and play device detection. Is cam h/w fail :(

Back