Webcam not detected

I have a samsung np 350 laptop which has pre installed windows 8.The web cam was working fine till I reset the windows many of the installed softwares got deleted and from then on my web cam goes undetected for every possible software.Please help me with your valuable suggestions,,,Thank you

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Also download and run USBDeview
> Click Edit->Select All
> File->Save Selected Items
> Click the Save As Type pulldown and change it to Tab Delimited Text
> Save the .txt file to your Desktop and attach to your next post

Device:Not Available
PNP device ID:USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3004\ALASKA_DAY_2006
Error Code:The drivers for this device are not installed

Device:Not Available

PNP device ID:USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3004\ALASKA_DAY_2006

Error Code:The drivers for this device are not installed

That's your bluetooth device. It's missing its driver

I suspect your web cam is not being detected which would mean it either failed or perhaps is there a switch to turn it on/off? Or perhaps a button or Function key on your computer?

To me to be sure if it's detected or not, I need to see USBDeview text file per my earlier instructions to create and upload the file. If you need further instruction to do that let me know.

No I checked and there is no on/off function key on my computer.

I did run the usbdeview and it gave me a big list of what I don't even understand

No I checked and there is no on/off function key on my computer.

I did run the usbdeview and it gave me a big list of what I don't even understand
Sorry. You misunderstood. Provide me a copy of the USBDeview report and I'll interpret the data for you. Run it again then
> Click Edit->Select All
> Then click File->Save Selected Items
> Now, click the Save As Type pulldown (the small down caret) and change Save As Type to Tab Delimited Text (click thumbnail below to see Tab Delimted Text is selected). Save the file on your Desktop
Save As.jpg
> On your next post, click Upload file and browse to the save file on your Desktop to include it your next post

There's a line item where Description=USB Video Device and Device Type=Video. That was your cam. The last time you booted your machine and it was detected was 4/25/13. If you at the item you'll also see Connected=No. Meaning your cam is no longer detected by Windows.

The cam hardware probably failed. Only other thing I can of to try is uninstalling/reinstalling the USB Controllers. Upon reinstalling they'll check for devices again. See HERE and find the section about resintalling controllers. G'luck

U c I'm not dat bright in all these stuff.....so u knw kindly help at root level may be???
:D
No worry zrod :)

When you uninstall the controllers and Root Hub, Windows uninstalls the device drivers but Windows doesn't remove the original installation files for the device. (Think of it like when you uninstall an application, Windows doesn't remove the app's origianal Setup.exe installer).

After uninstalling the controllers, when you reboot your machine Windows finds the original driver install files for the Controllers and Root Hubs and reinstalls them itself (and then the controllers going trying to detect USB devices again and POSSIBLY detecting your web cam if it's still working). Though, your web cam hardware may have simply failed so cannot be re-detected

Controller uninstalls may only be tricky on desktops when depending on a USB keyboard (as one loses the USB keyboard control till USB Controllers are reinstalled - so not able to logon if prompted for user/password on reboot on desktop). But you have a laptop. So no concern about your keyboard and OK to give it a try

Okay sure will but by hardware failure means webcam is damaged?????and if it goes undetected I have to install a new 1???

hey may be u can look into another problem I have posted a thread Shortcut keys problem if u could just help me there ....plz

Okay sure will but by hardware failure means webcam is damaged?????and if it goes undetected I have to install a new 1???
Yes. Hardware failure would mean the built-in cam has stopped working and you'd need to buy an external USB cam.

As to your other problem, I won't have a chance to look for a couple days. But will post back in the forum when I can

But idon't think I messed up with he hardware is it manufacturing fault????
No, it's nothing you did. It was the web cam that just stopped working.

I've seen alot of other people post for help here that also have web cams that stopped working :( . Unless your laptop is still under warranty, you'd need to buy an external USB web cam

Ssnfd ROOT\LEGACY_SSNFD\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface ROOT\*TEREDO\0000 This device cannot start.

BAPIDRV ROOT\LEGACY_BAPIDRV\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Back