TechSpot

Webcam on Alienware m15x

By kboldra
Nov 23, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. my webcam on my alienware m15x has recently stopped being recognized. i went into device manager and tried that but it still isnt working with any of my webcam chat programs. I tried to do a system restore and that didnt work at all. i need suggestions on what i can do to fix this issue, im thinking i might have to just do a full wipe and use the restore disc that came with the laptop but thats my last resort. please help. email me with your suggestions.

2. Zilpha

Zilpha TS Enthusiast Posts: 349

Tried what?

Honestly I'd suggest just calling up Dell support (Look in the pouch of information Alienware bundles with their machines). Alienware costs for a reason, and one thing that at least they don't try to get out of is supporting their hardware.

If you don't want to do that, can you give us a little more information such as what application it isn't working in? Full wipes are last resorts.

3. kboldra

kboldra TS Rookie Topic Starter

well i was using Cyberlink youcam a few days ago and the webcam was working fine but now i open it and get the different wide colored lines like you would see if your tv went off the air. im an avid computer gamer and so i know quite a bit about these kinds of computers but it just stopped for no reason. i aquired this off of a trade, so i dont have all the paper work, just a few discs.

alienware m15x resource dvd, alienware microsoft windows 7 home premium 64 bit install dvd

4. Zilpha

Zilpha TS Enthusiast Posts: 349

5. kboldra

kboldra TS Rookie Topic Starter

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.