Webcam problem, slow frame rate?

By valentinebaby
Dec 19, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I don't know anything about computers and just got my first webcam. it is the EZ I-Contact Pro PC Camera with Headset. the box says the frame rate is up to 30fps, when i go into the settings it's set at 30. the problem is that when i record there is a delay. like my lips are moving slower than the words i'm saying. i really don't want to have to buy a new camera so i'm hoping there is something i can do to make my lips and voice be in synch. like, i said, don't know much about computers so i don't know what else you need to know. i have windows xp, the software i downloaded with the cam is ezvideo mail, ezmedia box, ezlive moniter. i've only used ezvideo mail and ezmedia box. same thing happened with both. i emailed myself the video and it was just as it was when i recorded it. please help! thank you so much!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,461   +135

Is your copy of XP updated to Service Pack 3? What is your computers make and model?
  3. valentinebaby

valentinebaby Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

yes it is updated to service pack 3; the make and model is Compaq Armada M700
    thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.