Website link... possible fraud?

dexterousw1n

Ok so today my dad opened up his gmail account and he saw a email saying that he is eligible to win 10,000 dollars in cash along with other prizes like computers and tv's. He clicked on this link that was in the email, http://e-mail-google.co.cc
I told him that it was possibly a fraud website, but he still has doubts. The email provided a personal PIN number to login to the website. Once in, a new website details the prizes you can win saying that they are in partnership with google china. This is a chinese website. Any ideas? I'm almost 100% sure this is a phishing site. Just want to make sure and inform my dad. The .co.cc link redirects you to another website, google.khchi.cn which looks exactly like the GMail login page. I need your thoughts. Thanks.

the URL is the hint! e-mail-google.co.cc

the .CC is Cocos Islands (Keeling)

If you don’t give any personal data, you won’t be phished, unless you download a Trojan or keylogger.

As regards prizes, if you haven’t participated in a lottery or competition, you can’t win a prize.

Once, I won $6M in a lottery I didn’t even know it existed. “Silly me” never claimed my prize.

The general rule is, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

You Dad really needs to take some lessons on computer security and computer fraud. These are always scams.

Never ever believe any of those.
I once got a email saying my that my moms last will was to give me 2milion from a hidden bank she had.

Guess what, My mom is still alive...

Back