TechSpot

Wednesday tech deals: 15.5" Sony VAIO Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz for $650 with free shipping

By Matthew
Oct 28, 2009
  1. tigran1808

tigran1808 TS Rookie

very good pricing for the products

2. freedomthinker

freedomthinker TS Enthusiast Posts: 140

Nice prices , but still products in the US come out in Lithuania at least after a year , and then when it does for the US it costs lets say the notebook 650 $ , its costs for us somewhere 3000 $ including currency :/

3. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

I thought that vaio was worth $900 in the previous recall article.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

5. Whiffen

Whiffen TS Rookie Posts: 323

Hehe, my neighbor just got a new laptop and gave his old VAIO to my mom. Its a nice machine but is having some trouble wirelessly connecting to our gateway. I guess its time to do a clean format and get things sorted out, but for the price, free :), you can't beat it.

6. SoulSeeker

SoulSeeker TS Rookie

funny how one days "Tech deal" is the next days "Faulty battery recall" news :-D

7. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 880   +130

@SoulSeeker: The recalled adapters are for Sony desktops and docks though, not for any of their lines of laptops.

8. Swashbuckling58

Swashbuckling58 TS Rookie

Excellent deal for a Sony Vaio but probably the last week's deal about HP HDX was way better. Let's hope the xmas and new year season wound bring better deals.

9. SoulSeeker

SoulSeeker TS Rookie

Oh, didn't realise that. I thought Vaio would be the name of their Laptop line.. but they seem to use it for pretty much everything ;-)
    Have to admit tho.. if I would have just read the 2nd paragraph of the recall article, I would have known that. Shame on me.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.