Wednesday tech deals: 2TB WD Caviar Green for $75

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Western Digital Green 2TB SATA Internal Hard Drive for $75 + $7 s&h

TigerDirect.com offers the Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB SATA 3Gb/s 3.5" hard drive, model no. WD20EARS, for $79.99. Pay via Google Checkout to cut it to $74.99. With $7 for shipping, that's $0.04/GB, $3 under a sale from two weeks ago and the lowest total price we could find by $8. Features include a 5400RPM spin rate, a 64MB cache, and WD says it consume up to 40% less energy than standard mechanical drives.

Upcoming Walmart In-Store Sale: Wii Console w/ $75 Gift Card for $199, more

Starting Friday, December 17 at 9PM local time, Walmart will discount an assortment of items in its Toys & More Savings Event. Valid in-store only, these deals include savings on electronics, toys, home decor, kitchenware, and more. Particularly of note are the video game console deals, which are some of the best we've seen. Sale ends December 19.

Highlights:

Dell Vostro Core i3 2.4GHz Laptop Roundup: 17" for $599 + free shipping, more

Dell Small Business once again offers a selection of its Vostro notebooks at lowest-we-could-find prices, as listed below. Some systems were slightly less two weeks ago, however, since expired. Each system features an Intel Core i3 2.4GHz dual-core CPU, 2GB of RAM, and a 250GB hard drive. Sales tax is added where applicable. All laptops have free shipping unless otherwise noted.

Systems:

Philips BDP5012 Blu-ray Disc Player with SD Slot for $88 + free shipping

Walmart offers the Philips 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player with BD-Live and SD Slot, model no. BDP5012/F7, for $88 with free shipping. That's $10 under our October mention and the lowest total price we could find by $46. It's also one of the cheapest Blu-ray players we've seen with an SD card slot. Sales tax is added where applicable. Features include 1080p output with DVD upconversion, BD-Live (it can download content and updates from the Internet), Secure Digital card slot for media playback, and HDMI output.

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FH22 14MP 8x Digital Camera for $130 + free shipping

Best Buy offers the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FH22 14.1-Megapixel Digital Camera for $129.99. With free shipping, that's $70 off and the lowest total price we could find. Sales tax is added where applicable. Features include a 3" touchscreen, 8x optical zoom, 1280x720 maximum video resolution, 40MB built-in memory, SDXC card slot, and more.

Walmart Sale: Blu-ray movies under $10 + $2 s&h

Walmart offers nearly 200 Blu-ray movies for under $10 each, as we last mentioned two weeks ago. Shipping adds $1.97, or opt for free Site-to-Store. That ties its Black Friday sale, and many titles are at or near the lowest total price we could find. Sales tax is added where applicable. Notable titles include I, Robot (pictured, $7), League of Extraordinary Gentlemen ($9), and more.

Permalink to story.

Not that I would buy from Tigerdirect, but "THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE" comes up when I checked the link.

Back