Wednesday tech deals: HP Pavilion p6280t Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz PC for $530

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

HP Pavilion p6280t Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz desktop PC for $530 + free shipping

The HP Home & Home Office Store offers the HP Pavilion p6280t Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz PC for $529.99 with free shipping via the directions below. That's $270 off list and the lowest total price we could find for this configuration. Sales tax is added where applicable.

Features include a 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 processor, 6GB of RAM, a 640GB HDD, Gigabit Ethernet, DVD burner with LightScribe, front-side USB and audio ports, memory card reader, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

To get this deal: Click here to begin, select the free 640GB HDD upgrade, click "Review and Buy" and apply coupon code "SVMY478761" to yield a final price of $529.99.

Five more tech deals after the jump.

Dell Vostro A860 Core 2 Duo 2.06GHz 15.6" laptop for $399 + $25 shipping

Dell Small Business offers the 5.4lb 15.6" Dell Vostro A860 notebook for $399 plus $25 for shipping. That's $150 off and the lowest total price we've seen for a Core 2 Duo-equipped Vostro A860 since March. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a 2.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 processor, a 15.6" 1366x768 display, 2GB of RAM, a 250GB 5400RPM HDD, DVD burner, 802.11g wireless, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, 6-cell battery, and Windows Vista Home Basic.

Soyo 32" 720p LCD HDTV for $298 + $4 shipping

Today only, Walmart offers the Soyo 32" 720p LCD HDTV for $298. Shipping adds $3.97, or opt for free Site-to-Store. Even with shipping, that's a $60 drop and the lowest total price we could find for this television. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a 1366x768 native resolution, 1,000:1 contrast ratio, 500 cd/m² brightness, 8ms response time, one HDMI input, and VGA, component, and other video inputs.

Dell Adamo Core 2 Duo 1.4GHz 13.4" ultra-thin notebook for $1,484 + free shipping

Dell Home offers the 0.65"-thick Dell Adamo Core 2 Duo 1.4GHz 13" ultra-thin notebook for $1,484 in Pearl (pictured) or Onyx for $1,499. Coupon code "NQVX4R5XXSVD0T" cuts it to $1,484. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we've seen. It features an Intel Core 2 Duo SU9400 processor, 13.4" 1366x768 WLED display, machined-aluminum chassis, 2GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, Intel GS45 256MB integrated graphics, 802.11n wireless, 1.3-megapixel webcam, Gigabit Ethernet, one eSATA and three USB 2.0 ports, Bluetooth, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Coupon ends January 2, 2010.

Thermaltake V9 mid-tower gaming chassis for $60 after rebate + free shipping

ZipZoomfly.com offers the Thermaltake V9 case for $59.99 with free shipping via the directions below. That's the lowest total price we could find by $23. It features four external 5.25" drive bays, two external 3.5" drive bays, five internal 3.5" drive bays, seven expansion slots, front-side USB and audio ports, two 120mm fans, two 230mm fans, and a side air duct. Deal ends November 8.

To get this deal: Add the Thermaltake V9 to your cart for $82.99, apply coupon code "EBAAA180" to cut it to $79.99, redeem this $20 mail-in rebate to cut it further to $59.99.

Thinktank Technology 45-piece computer toolkit for $13 + free shipping

Buy.com offers the Thinktank Technology 45-piece computer toolkit, model no. KC10012, for $12.99. With free shipping, that's $4 under a deal spotted in September and the lowest total price we could find by $12. It includes long nose pliers, socket driver, drive bits and sockets, utility knife, wire cutter/stripper, zippered canvas tote, and more.

Permalink to story.

Amazing deals, things like this makes me want to live there... as I constantly say, things that get into Chile looks like they are punished by customs and I definitely hate that!

This is a great deal and I imagine that as we get into the silly season that even better deals will be available. The HP tower is particularly aggressively priced.

Thats a nice deal for that desktop tho I didn't see which video card was installed otherwise it might be a nice gaming computer. The laptop underneath it has windows vista home basic installed o.0 thats no sale! lol

It's the first time i see an computer that is cheaper than my own builds. Even with discounts when i tried building it it always was cheaper.
Also the Thermaltake V9 mid-tower is a nice deal.
Why are there so many good deals in the US and not where i live? It's unfair, but i guess that's life.

In the heading, it says "Dell Vostro A860 Core 2 Duo 2.06GHz 16" laptop for $399 + $25 shipping" but in the details it only mentions a 15.6" display and also on Dell's website its 15.6". Needs to correct this error TS guys!

Any chance of posting deals here in the UK or other parts of the world? Tech in the UK is pretty expensive, looking at the prices posted here they pretty much represent a £/$ exchange rate of 1.

Some really nice deals here, and if that rig is cheaper than a self build (as mentioned by Puiu), that's a fantastic bargin.

Pretty decent deal. I like HP Pavilion p6280t deal and thinktank technology deal. Already ordered computer toolkit of thinktank. These tool will be very useful and handy.

This is a nice deal DEPENDING ON YOUR INTENDED USES! I'm into gaming, and I'd say that a desktop like that is not a good deal at all for the price. Yes it has a quad core, but the memory is DDR2, and the graphics card is an integrated piece of junk. There isn't even any indication that it's upgradable to DDR3, let alone any of the other more major hardware specifications. Plus, if you read the Specs page, it says it's a Business oriented computer. Need a computer for your business? Buy that desktop. As for me, I'd rather build a better one myself that will outlast the 2 years that paperweight is going to last.

IvanAwfulitch said:
This is a nice deal DEPENDING ON YOUR INTENDED USES! I'm into gaming, and I'd say that a desktop like that is not a good deal at all for the price. Yes it has a quad core, but the memory is DDR2, and the graphics card is an integrated piece of junk. There isn't even any indication that it's upgradable to DDR3, let alone any of the other more major hardware specifications. Plus, if you read the Specs page, it says it's a Business oriented computer. Need a computer for your business? Buy that desktop. As for me, I'd rather build a better one myself that will outlast the 2 years that paperweight is going to last.
You're right to a very limited extent. You have to realize that for general use, this is a great deal, plus for those who aren't very technically inclined, all they would need to do is put a decent video card in there (as PCI-E is standard these days), and you're looking at a very respectable gaming rig for only around $700. Plus DDR3 is slower than DDR2 at the same frequencies. It's only at the higher clock speeds that DDR3 wins out. This would be great as a family computer and gaming for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back