Wednesday tech deals: HP Pavilion p6280t Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz PC for $530

By Matthew
Nov 4, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

Amazing deals, things like this makes me want to live there... as I constantly say, things that get into Chile looks like they are punished by customs and I definitely hate that!
  2. buttus

buttus TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 187

This is a great deal and I imagine that as we get into the silly season that even better deals will be available. The HP tower is particularly aggressively priced.
  3. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 674   +39

Thats a nice deal for that desktop tho I didn't see which video card was installed otherwise it might be a nice gaming computer. The laptop underneath it has windows vista home basic installed o.0 thats no sale! lol
  4. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,023   +90

It's the first time i see an computer that is cheaper than my own builds. Even with discounts when i tried building it it always was cheaper.
    Also the Thermaltake V9 mid-tower is a nice deal.
    Why are there so many good deals in the US and not where i live? It's unfair, but i guess that's life.
  5. Swashbuckling58

Swashbuckling58 Newcomer, in training

In the heading, it says "Dell Vostro A860 Core 2 Duo 2.06GHz 16" laptop for $399 + $25 shipping" but in the details it only mentions a 15.6" display and also on Dell's website its 15.6". Needs to correct this error TS guys!
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

Thanks for the correction, typo fixed.
  7. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Any chance of posting deals here in the UK or other parts of the world? Tech in the UK is pretty expensive, looking at the prices posted here they pretty much represent a £/$ exchange rate of 1.
  8. MBK

MBK Newcomer, in training Posts: 43

Some really nice deals here, and if that rig is cheaper than a self build (as mentioned by Puiu), that's a fantastic bargin.
  9. Afroaggie

Afroaggie Newcomer, in training Posts: 30

Well I know that I have decided to get the tool kit. It will definately help thx for the deals techspot.
  10. jazboy

jazboy Newcomer, in training Posts: 112

Pretty decent deal. I like HP Pavilion p6280t deal and thinktank technology deal. Already ordered computer toolkit of thinktank. These tool will be very useful and handy.

11. PUTALE

PUTALE Newcomer, in training Posts: 178

nice deal. the 399 laptop is really sweet. Man, laptops are getting cheaper by day.
  12. IvanAwfulitch

IvanAwfulitch TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 239   +11

This is a nice deal DEPENDING ON YOUR INTENDED USES! I'm into gaming, and I'd say that a desktop like that is not a good deal at all for the price. Yes it has a quad core, but the memory is DDR2, and the graphics card is an integrated piece of junk. There isn't even any indication that it's upgradable to DDR3, let alone any of the other more major hardware specifications. Plus, if you read the Specs page, it says it's a Business oriented computer. Need a computer for your business? Buy that desktop. As for me, I'd rather build a better one myself that will outlast the 2 years that paperweight is going to last.
  13. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 585   +45

You're right to a very limited extent. You have to realize that for general use, this is a great deal, plus for those who aren't very technically inclined, all they would need to do is put a decent video card in there (as PCI-E is standard these days), and you're looking at a very respectable gaming rig for only around $700. Plus DDR3 is slower than DDR2 at the same frequencies. It's only at the higher clock speeds that DDR3 wins out. This would be great as a family computer and gaming for the kids.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.