TechSpot

Wednesday tech deals: Samsung 22" 1080p display for $109

By Matthew
Sep 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. dualkelly

dualkelly TS Rookie Posts: 22

You can not see 1080p on a 22inch screen... to see the clarity that hd offers over non hd you have to have a screen starting at at-least 28inchs

2. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

LOL @ that Satellite Speaker Sysem. I've never heard of such a thing. Well satellite radio...

1080p TV with no support for HDMI...? -_-

3. Satellite Speaker = no wires...

4. Where did you get the idea that "satellite" speaker denotes it being wireless?

You're completely wrong.

5. My Syncmaster Samsung, 22" BW226 that I bought 3 years ago reports 1650p as its maximum resolution and when I bought it you needed to get at least 23" to get 1080p. My Viewsonic 22" I bought a year ago reports 1080p. My Hanspree HF259H, 25" reports 1080p (with HDMI/HDCP). So either my operating system is lying to me or you are.

If I didn't already have 2 17"s, 3 22"s, a 25" and a 32" I'd snap up this refurb 22" in a second. Go Samsung!

6. "Where did you get the idea that "satellite" speaker denotes it being wireless?

You're completely wrong."

I am sorry... that was not a statement...I was just wondering

7. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Wow..... First off, I can see a major clarity difference in my 23" Samsung that supports 1080p...

Second, satellite speaker system is just referencing that it has satellite speakers. Those are the standalone speakers that are individually powered. Such as the standard speakers you get with a Dell. 2 satellites and one subwoofer...