TechSpot

Weekend game deals: 33-66% off Saints Row, Rage, Deus Ex, more

By Matthew
Dec 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As expected, Valve and its cohorts have prepared a veritable pantheon of game deals for the holidays. We've included a list of Steam's notable daily deals, which will be replaced…

Read the whole story

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,189   +415

Arggggh! Steam is killing me! I don't have the money for all these games I've been buying.

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,245   +92

Did you pick anything up? I'm tempted to grab Deus Ex but I already have too many unplayed games :(.

4. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

I'm the same as you guys. Added two games to the cart yesterday but then decided against it as I'm just not playing any of these games I keep buying in Steam's sales. :haha:

Though its proving more difficult than I imagined to resist the urge to get a few games....Oh well, off to see family tomorrow and my laptop is remaining at home... Must resist the urge... :haha:

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,514   +554

Deus Ex rocks - an awesome game. If it weren't for Skyrim, it would be the best game I've played this year.

Kinda eyeballing Rage. I know it got so-so reviews, but it's been patched several times since, so thinking now would be the time to pick it up.

6. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,857   +132

I just got into the dota 2 beta last week, its pretty much a finely polished dota 1 but its still fun. I don't if its just me but the older I get the harder it seems to be to get the least bit interested in a game. From dust looks good im going to try to find a demo. Any new unique game genres out there? I feel like if I had every single game ever made id only like a few of them.

7. TomSEA

8. Matthew

Damn you :(. $10?!

9. TomSEA

LOL...sorry, Matthew - tried to post it as soon as I found out. Hopefully you already didn't shell out for the $17 version.

10. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 267

11. Matthew

No, I haven't. I'm awfully tempted for $10 but I'd rather buy it through Steam than Amazon's digital service. There's no way to know how much it will be discounted on Steam's daily deals though :(.

12. TomSEA

I think you still have to register Deus Ex through Steam even though purchased elsewhere. Don't know if that makes a difference...

13. Matthew

Ah yeah, okay. The Amazon page says it requires Steam activation. Thanks.

14. Just bought deus ex:hr for 10 dollars and I activated it on steam with the key, hehehe, huhuhuhu. By the way it is multilanguage. There are some prices better than steam.

15. LNCPapa

Yeah - I went ahead and grabbed Rage since it's the cheapest it has ever been. I read all the reviews saying it was really bad, but I've seen a bit of it and it doesn't seem quite as bad as that. One place my hero Carmack did let me down is with the retarded invisible walls. How can a couch stop me from running down a hallway, but I can fall off a cliff to my death?

Oh yeah, and that Deus Ex for $10 is looking mighty tempting to me also.

16. WHY NO ONLIVE???

Deus EX: HR, L.A. Noire & Super Street Fighter IV Up to 76% Off

17. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,533   +48

That Saints Row price is a huge slap in the face for me :(

First game i thought i would pre-order and it turns out it's no where near worth its money.

18. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

Skyrim is $40.19 on Steam today..I knew I should have waited a week.

19. frankly they would need to pay me to play Deus Ex with its ugly graphics and 3 min loading times ! My friend thought it was a graphical bug, but I had to confirm that it really looked like that.

Huge let down !

20. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

Curses Techspot and Steam-- I couldn't resist, downloading SkyRim now.

21. LNCPapa

Really... killin' me Steam.

22. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I'm so glad I got cash for Christmas

23. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Heads up: Mass Effect 2 is $4.99 on Bestbuy.com