Weekend game deals: 33% off Alan Wake, 50% off Saints Row: The Third

By Matthew
Apr 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon's spring sale continues with seemingly all the discounts offered last week, including 50-80% off Crysis 2, L.A. Noire, The Darkness II, Metro 2033, Saints Row: The Third and more.…

Read the whole story
  2. The gameplay in Alan Wake is pure torture.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,332   +381

Wow...Crysis 2 for $7.49. That's one hella drop.
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Here was I thinking I was the only one!

I'm a little over 2 hours into the game, and I already hate it. Keep in mind, I'm a "hardcore" player. I've played tough games, but this game is kind of unforgiving. You can run out of ammo after a single enemy encounter. And the game makes it equally difficult to find ammo; hell, finding ammo often feels as rare as opening a chest with good loot in Skyrim. It shouldn't be this way.

I haven't deleted the game, but I plan to. I'll give it another shot, if I don't like it still, then it's gone. I won't waste my time trying to enjoy a game I simply don't. And it's a shame because I like the game for its narrative, atmosphere and overall freshness.
  5. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

Isn't that kind of the point in survival horror?
  6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.