TechSpot

Weekend game deals: 33% off Metro 2033, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle

By Matthew
Oct 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Steam has cut 50% off its "THQ Hit Collection," offering over a dozen games for $49.99, including Company of Heroes, Homefront, Metro 2033, Red Faction Guerrilla/Armageddon and more (they're 33%…

Read the whole story

2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 881   +130

I'll vouch for the DoW2 complete back. It's an excellent series of games.
    I guess I'll also vouch for the THQ complete pack, which includes the DoW2 games + 12 other titles.

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Max Payne bundle for $3.74? For those who haven't played it - here's your chance. Two games for less than the price of a beer and both games are excellent.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

Any idea how they run on a modern system?

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Couldn't tell you for sure, Matthew. I imagine they would be fine as they're not that old of games. The original Max Payne came out in 2001 and the sequel in 2003.

They were the first games to come out with the "bullet time" effect.

6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +87

I'll have to jump on that Max Payne game bundle. I enjoyed the demo, before my PC then couldn't push the graphics very well. I'd like to finish that game now. The other titles, I just don't know enough about. But maybe someone can vouch for them?

7. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

Cool, maybe I'll pick them up. I played both back when they came out on the PS2 I believe. :) Damn fun and I'd like to refresh myself on the fiction before Max Payne 3 ships.

8. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

I would recommend Metro 2033. I bought that on Steam and enjoyed it. It was quite refreshing from all the generic crap that is being put out. One thing I didn't like is that the movement of your character feels... "blocky". Character movement just doesn't feel natural. But if you can get over that, the game is extremely good.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.