TechSpot

Weekend game deals: 50% off Bad Company 2, The Witcher

By Matthew
Mar 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Assuming you aren't knee deep in Crysis 2, there are some pretty enticing deals this weekend. In addition to knocking 75% off Lead and Gold, Steam is letting users play the game for free this weekend. The service has also reduced The Witcher by 50% in anticipation of its upcoming sequel, and Black Ops is 25% cheaper than launch. Meanwhile, Impulse has cut half off Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, GamersGate is selling Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $10, and Direct2Drive offers 20% off its entire catalog via coupon code "MARCHMADNESS".

Read the whole story

2. Why would any PC gamers be knee deep is Crysis 2.

Game is blatantly terrible.

3. Tried getting BFBC2...

"This game is not available in your region"

FML..

4. hamitaltintop22

hamitaltintop22 TS Rookie Posts: 21

I wish D2D would stop with the 20% off codes. It gets old since they did it like 6 times already. Instead something like 33% or 50% off would be more exciting

5. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

I haven't paid for a game in 2 years, I bought crysis 2 and the single player was definitely worth the money. apart from the MP and no DX11, which im hoping a patch will come. crysis 2 i think is the only decent game thats come out in the last 6-12 months.

6. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 881   +130

I would definitely recommend Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The campaign is good (albeit short) and the online gameplay is pretty solid.

7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

You really can't go wrong with BFBC2 for only $10. I mean, come on.

And to the first Guest, Crysis 2 may no offer the freedom Crysis 1 had (or the graphics), but the single player campaign, which I haven't finished yet (it's 15 hours), is better than any FPS released in the past, what, 1-2 years? Yeah, dead serious. Multiplayer is nothing too special though, might as well get BFBC2.

8. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 410   +38

I'm not paying $45 for a game without LAN support...

9. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

You should include OzGameShop.com on here because they have stupidly cheap prices for a non-download distributor.

Just Cause 2 - $13.99
    Total War Shogun 2 - $37.99
    Red Faction Armageddon (PS3/360) - $57.99
    Crysis II (PC) - $45.99
    Crysis II LE (PS3/360) - $64.99

mmm...

10. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 566   +105

Take caution on buying The Witcher. When mine downloaded it wouldn't install because it had no cd key. I looked on Steam's support page and sometimes they run out of keys during sales like this. They will get more but they do not specify when.

11. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Yeah, Battlefield 2 had similar crap you had to go through just tog et that CD Key to register correctly :(

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.