TechSpot

Weekend game deals: 50% off Mass Effect 2, Dawn of War II

By Matthew
Sep 10, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Alright folks, it's time to wind down, kick off the loafers and blow some cash on video games. Direct2Drive is running two different sales. We mentioned one last week, where the company is celebrating its sixth birthday by selling a number of titles for $6 each. It has also launched an end-of-summer event that discounts two games every day for 30 days (ends 9/30). Meanwhile, Impulse offers Mass Effect 2 for half off, and Microsoft has slashed 50% off Dawn of War II.

Read the whole story

2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 877   +130

I think it should be noted that the LotR deal for a "VIP starter pack", and gives you access to premium content for 30s days. I'm pretty sure the game itself is now a Free-to-Play style game.
    Correct me if I'm wrong though...

3. You are right, LOTRO is now Free-to-Play, but the VIP Starter pack will give you 1 month of access to try out ALL of the content. Otherwise, if you go with the free account, you only have access to a limited amount of content. Plus it comes with 1000 Turbine points to spend in the store, which would normally cost you $10 to buy.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,065   +84 Staff Member

Thanks for the note guys. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.