Weekend game deals: 50% off QuakeCon 2010 Pack

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Commemorating QuakeCon 2010, Valve is slashing a hefty sum off a different title every day until Sunday. If you hurry, you can still grab yesterday's deal (66% off Oblivion GOTY), but if you miss it, 66% off the Doom Pack should cheer you up. The bundle includes Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels for Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 3, and Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil. Here's what's coming over the weekend and a few other sales currently on Steam:

Fallout 3 GOTY $25 (50% off, Saturday only)
Quake Collection $10 (75% off, Sunday only)
QuakeCon 2010 Pack $70 (50% off through Sunday)
Booster Trooper $5 (50% off)
Global Agenda $30 (25% off)
Numen: Contest of Heroes $22.49 (25% off)
RailWorks titles 50% off

More game deals after the jump.

Impulse
Command and Conquer 4 $15
C&C Red Alert 3 $14.99
C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising $10
Trine $10
Gratuitous Space Battles Complete $26
Devil May Cry 4 $15

Direct2Drive
Stargate: Resistance $15
Amnesia: The Dark Descent $18

Good Old Games
Phantasmagoria bundle $11.18 (30% off)

EA Store
The Sims 3 $28.54
The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion $20

Permalink to story.

I don't want to complain about the quality of the games, but it might be nice if they intend to continue to make money on games dating from 1995 that they update their UI and game engines a bit.

Your declaration just doesn't make sense.

If you bought all the DOOM titles over the years at retails you've paid about $200. You can pick them all up today for $13 (and these 2010 dollars are worth a lot less than those ones spent back in 95).

So they're selling them at pretty much 5% of the original price and you want them to invest development time to "modernize" them as well?

hello ...

i really love the sales ...

been buying a lot of games off steamy site during past sales, i'm looking closely to what's available ...
I could reset & update the installer today & got myself the free Alien Swarm :p ...

Bought also GOTY Edition of Plants vs Zombies off D2D ... so cool this game.

& if you want DOOM modernized a bit, just look for the doomsday project ...

I have Heretic / Hexen pack from Steamy site & their WADS are used in jHeretic/jHexen with HRP (High Resolution Pack) ... it's Quake 2 engine or better & works just fine under windows.

cheers!

Back