TechSpot

Weekend game deals: 62% off Portal 2 + The Potato Sack

By Matthew
Apr 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As part of its ongoing ARG, Valve has launched a promotion that will allow gamers to unlock Portal 2 ahead of its April 19 release date. The catch? You have to buy The Potato Sack and play the 13 indie games inside. The more you play, the quicker Portal 2 will be cut loose. On the bright side, the company is offering Portal 2 and The Potato Sack together for 62% off. You can track the status here. Steam is also reducing a new set of RockStar games every day this weekend, along with offering a pack of Splinter Cell games including Conviction and its DLC for $25.98. More deals below:

Read the whole story

2. codefeenix

codefeenix TS Rookie Posts: 39

You only have to play a game that is in the potato pack. You do not have to buy the potato pack.
    So if you already own $GameInPotatoPack then you can play that to help release Portal 2.

3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Coming up next, we'll kill a kitten every hour until 100,000 people pre-order our game.

4. Coodu

Coodu TS Booster Posts: 173

Well said haha!

I'm looking forward to Portal 2, after playing a host of terrible games lately. As I stick to PC sometimes there's a period of stagnation where I find myself playing Battlefield every day.

Also, anything that involves what Team Fortress 2 has become just makes me sad (read, Team Fortress Hats) ;)

5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,180   +73

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Max Payne bundle. Sure I'll never get to these games like all the others I own, but they look to be worth owning.

6. Defense Grid is one of the greatest gamed I ever played. Best five bucks you'll ever spend.