Weekend game deals: 75% off Civilization IV

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Although it's not discounted, we thought it'd be worth mentioning that Mafia II launched on Tuesday and it's readily available through a number of major distribution firms. Nvidia also just wrote to us saying that any graphics card equipped with a GTX 465 GPU or higher gets a Mafia 2 digital download for free starting this week. Be sure to keep an eye out for our forthcoming performance review on the game, including extensive PhysX testing.

There aren't too many hot deals floating around this week, but Microsoft seems to have the finest offering, knocking 75% off Civilization IV: The Complete Edition.

Steam
Mount & Blade $7.50 (75% off)
Mount & Blade: Warband $10.20 (66% off)
Puzzle Dimensions $6.69 (33% off)
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame + Saxons $36.84 (33% off)
Avencast: Rise of the Mage $4.99 (50% off)

More game deals after the jump.

Games for Windows
Civilization IV: The Complete Edition $9.99 (75% off)

Impulse
Time of Wrath $7.49 (75% off)
Apogee and Codeminion titles 40% off
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition $9.99 (50% off)
Dark Void $14.99 (50% off)
Machinarium $9.99 (50% off)
Eschalon Book 1 & 2 $9.99/$12.49 (50% off)

Good Old Games
Apogee Pack 50% off

Permalink to story.

Wow...that's a damn good price for that version of Civ IV which includes all of the expansion packs.

Well,

Civilization V is knocking on the door...and no, it's not going to be cheap...it's the usual 50 bucks release offer...

I can imagine how much for a "Collector's Edition", maybe something similar to the 99 dollars StarCraft II package.

In addition, if you buy Civilization IV now, you're going to spend roughly 6 months playing to "end" the game (actually, CIV does not have an end, there's an evolution of your civilization!) before start playing Civilization V, which I believe is going to make you spend double of time to master it.

I'd rather wait Civilization V, despite of this tempting offer for CIV.

Cheers!
Bob Smith

Mount and Blade: Warband is amazing!!

ECE PlayGround is having a contest to giveaway 5 licenses of that game.. ends on wednesday, so enter now (they also have a review for it if i recall?) http://eceplayground.com/2010/08/19/warband-contest-win-a-copy/

I like how often Civ4 Complete is being discounted on all the big digital distributors. I've managed to get quite a few buddies hooked up, and it's always a blast to comp stomp.

Direct2Drive has a cool deal, where if you buy a game that's $49.95 or up, you can save 10 bucks by using the Coupon Code 'SchoolSucks.' It works with pre-orders too, so if you want to nab Civ5 or Fallout: New Vegas for 39.95, here's an opportunity!

I bought a new GTX 470 from a private vendor this week, I can still dl Mafia II for free? My brother LOVES the Civilization games, too bad he doesn't have a PC.

Back