Weekend game deals: 75% off Red Faction, 50% off Crysis 2

Matthew DeCarlo

In anticipation of Red Faction: Armageddon's launch next Tuesday, Steam has cut 75% off existing Red Faction titles, pushing them below $5 each. If you've been itching to check out Black Ops, Steam also offers free access until 1PM PDT Sunday, alongside a 33% discount. Meanwhile, Impulse is selling Crysis 2 Limited Edition for $29.97, which includes bonus XP along with a special decoy, weapon skin and dog tag, GamersGate knocks 50% off a GTA bundle, Microsoft offers 50% off Batman: Arkham Asylum, and EA has reduced Dead Space 2 to $19.95.

Steam
Red Faction $2.49 (75% off)
Red Faction Guerrilla $4.99 (75% off)
Red Faction II $2.49 (75% off)
Call of Duty: Black Ops $40.19 (33% off)
ProtoGalaxy $3.40 (66% off)
Numen: Contest of Heroes $2.50 (75% off)
Still Life $7.99 (20% off)
Still Life 2 $7.99 (20% off)
More...

Impulse
Crysis 2 Limited Edition $29.97 (50% off)
Star Wolves 3: Civil War $10.49 (65% off)
Academagia: The Making of Mages $12.47 (50% off)
Dreamcatcher Sci-Fi Bundle $22.47 (50% off)
50% off all Haegemonia titles
50% off all Age of Wonders titles
More...

GamersGate
Grand Theft Auto: The Complete Package $24.98 (50% off)
King's Legacy $3.48 (50% off)
Tidalis $4.98 (50% off)
Frozen Synapse $19.95 (20% off)
50% off AI War titles
More...

Direct2Drive
15% off all DLC via coupon code "EXTRAS"
More...

Games for Windows
Batman: Arkham Asylum $14.99 (50% off)

Origin (EAStore)
Dead Space 2 $19.95 (33% off)
Dragon Age II $39.49 (34% off)
Crysis 2 $39.99 (33% off)

Good Old Games
50% off The Age of Wonders titles

Permalink to story.

What about OnLive? They run $5 Friday every week and they're constantly running sales. Today it's $5 for Red Faction: Guerrilla!

Our deals post is exclusive to digital distributors, but you guys are always welcome to share sales occurring at OnLive and retailers.

That would be me, jetkami. :(

I think it's pretty telling that Crysis 2 is already at half-price so soon after release. Good games hold their value for a long time, bad or marginal games don't. As contrast, Fallout 3 ran you $50 from the first day of release until it had been out for 9 months or more.

Spent $30 on it because I needed to rip some models and textures for CSS porting. Once again I'll remind everyone that I commented on the demo launch page here saying it was a bad game and everyone who replied disagreed with me. Now it's all "OH IT'S SO BAD".

I found Crysis 2 to be weak on the graphics end and too short. I have burned through it three times already. I got Just Cause 2 a while back for $20 and Bulletstorm for $30 last night from Steam. Just Cause 2 never ends, just go's on forever on it's island of Panau. I just started Bulletstorm last night and all I can say is wow. Both of these are much more enjoyable than Crysis 2.. for me anyway.

If good games hold their value then why are CoD games still full price up to a year after release?

Back