Weekend game deals: 75% off Red Faction, 50% off Crysis 2

By Matthew
Jun 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In anticipation of Red Faction: Armageddon's launch next Tuesday, Steam has cut 75% off existing Red Faction titles, pushing them below $5 each. If you've been itching to check out…

Read the whole story
  2. taea00

taea00 TS Enthusiast Posts: 102

What about OnLive? They run $5 Friday every week and they're constantly running sales. Today it's $5 for Red Faction: Guerrilla!
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,260   +92

Our deals post is exclusive to digital distributors, but you guys are always welcome to share sales occurring at OnLive and retailers.
  4. jetkami

jetkami TS Rookie Posts: 99

Raise your hand if you paid $60 for Crysis 2 a month ago!
  5. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

~Raises hand~

I'm not bitter, but I was expecting more. Can't wait for the DX11 patch! XD
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

That would be me, jetkami. :(

I think it's pretty telling that Crysis 2 is already at half-price so soon after release. Good games hold their value for a long time, bad or marginal games don't. As contrast, Fallout 3 ran you $50 from the first day of release until it had been out for 9 months or more.
  7. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Spent $30 on it because I needed to rip some models and textures for CSS porting. Once again I'll remind everyone that I commented on the demo launch page here saying it was a bad game and everyone who replied disagreed with me. Now it's all "OH IT'S SO BAD".
  8. Hank10156

Hank10156 TS Rookie

I found Crysis 2 to be weak on the graphics end and too short. I have burned through it three times already. I got Just Cause 2 a while back for $20 and Bulletstorm for $30 last night from Steam. Just Cause 2 never ends, just go's on forever on it's island of Panau. I just started Bulletstorm last night and all I can say is wow. Both of these are much more enjoyable than Crysis 2.. for me anyway.
  9. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast TS Rookie Posts: 313

If good games hold their value then why are CoD games still full price up to a year after release?