Weekend game deals: 75% off Red Faction, 50% off Crysis 2

By Matthew
Jun 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. In anticipation of Red Faction: Armageddon's launch next Tuesday, Steam has cut 75% off existing Red Faction titles, pushing them below $5 each. If you've been itching to check out…

Read the whole story
  2. taea00

taea00 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 102

What about OnLive? They run $5 Friday every week and they're constantly running sales. Today it's $5 for Red Faction: Guerrilla!
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,042   +84 Staff Member

Our deals post is exclusive to digital distributors, but you guys are always welcome to share sales occurring at OnLive and retailers.
  4. jetkami

jetkami Newcomer, in training Posts: 99

Raise your hand if you paid $60 for Crysis 2 a month ago!
  5. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast Newcomer, in training Posts: 313

~Raises hand~

I'm not bitter, but I was expecting more. Can't wait for the DX11 patch! XD
  6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

That would be me, jetkami. :(

I think it's pretty telling that Crysis 2 is already at half-price so soon after release. Good games hold their value for a long time, bad or marginal games don't. As contrast, Fallout 3 ran you $50 from the first day of release until it had been out for 9 months or more.
  7. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Spent $30 on it because I needed to rip some models and textures for CSS porting. Once again I'll remind everyone that I commented on the demo launch page here saying it was a bad game and everyone who replied disagreed with me. Now it's all "OH IT'S SO BAD".
  8. Hank10156

Hank10156 Newcomer, in training

I found Crysis 2 to be weak on the graphics end and too short. I have burned through it three times already. I got Just Cause 2 a while back for $20 and Bulletstorm for $30 last night from Steam. Just Cause 2 never ends, just go's on forever on it's island of Panau. I just started Bulletstorm last night and all I can say is wow. Both of these are much more enjoyable than Crysis 2.. for me anyway.
  9. pcnthuziast

pcnthuziast Newcomer, in training Posts: 313

If good games hold their value then why are CoD games still full price up to a year after release?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.