TechSpot

Weekend game deals: 75% off Trine, Crysis, Far Cry series, more

By Matthew
Sep 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. In coordination with the launch of Trine 2's first piece of DLC this week, Steam has steeply discounted the series with both titles and the new add-on collectively priced at only $8.74. Many of last week's bundle deals have carried...

Read more

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,336   +280

Can anyone tell me if this version of Crysis 2 has any additional DRM or is it Steam only? There is info about Third Party DRM on the other Crysis titles, but nothing on the Crysis 2 Maximum Edition page.

3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Guru Posts: 802   +87

Think I'll check out Arkham City and Trine collection. Thanks Techspot dudes.

4. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 438

Machinarium on GOG is awesome! Very immersive.

It uses EA DRM. Not Origin but the old EA one like in Deadspace 2 and other pre-2012 EA games.

5. LNCPapa

Thanks for the info Jaws - guess I'll be passing on this then.

6. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Enthusiast Posts: 198   +18

Where are you seeing Arkham City listed? I see Arkham Asylum, but not City.

7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,949   +381

Far cry2 lists as 10, not 2.50?

8. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

Yep, it seems many of GameFly's discounts have ended.

9. LNCPapa

Based on this thread - http://forums.steamgames.com/forums...0928b1f3d0dbfb5bc99f4a96968f&t=2725320&page=2 - I'm hoping that there really is no DRM on Crysis 2 ME - so I purchased it, but haven't been bothered to install it yet. Hope I don't regret the purchase.

edit: I did the install and was not confronted by any crappy, in-your-face DRM. There was only a prompt to create my online account and tie that to my serial. If it's going to be this transparent and it doesn't affect anything else on my system then I'm okay with it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.