TechSpot

Weekend game deals: 86% off QuakeCon Pack, 50% off Brink

By Matthew
Aug 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. With QuakeCon in full swing (this Thursday through Sunday), Steam has slashed a myriad of titles from id Software and Bethesda including Brink, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Elder Scrolls…

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,544   +587

Well, I have good news and bad news for myself. The good news is I can't buy any of these this weekend (like I need more games). The bad news is I can't buy anything because my home, custom-built PC went belly-up two days ago and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. :(

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,257   +92

It needs more games, of course :).

Just won't turn on or what?

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,544   +587

Sunday morning went to turn it on and it would run for about 4 seconds then shut down. Then about another 4 seconds later it would fire up and run for 4 seconds and then shut down again. Continuously did that. First I replaced the power supply and that didn't change anything. Then I replaced the MOBO (and what a royal pain in the rear that is - almost like doing a new build from scratch) and now the on/off cycling is gone, but it won't POST. I've yanked every non-essential item out of it plus swapped out RAM in every available slot just trying to get it to POST with zero luck. Finally gave up and took it to a reputable hobbyist shop this morning. They have more tools to work with than I do. But I'm afraid that the only thing left is the possibility of a bad CPU. :(

5. w3b0n

w3b0n TS Rookie Posts: 38

did you check your Power On button ? sometimes it gets stuck.. weird as it reads it happens

6. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,154   +197

I heard brink has had lots of compatibility problems with ATI gpus, Do a bit of research before you part with your hard earned cash.

7. Burnout is not $5.00, it's $20.00 unless theres something I am missing.