Weekend game deals: 86% off QuakeCon Pack, 50% off Brink

By Matthew
Aug 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. With QuakeCon in full swing (this Thursday through Sunday), Steam has slashed a myriad of titles from id Software and Bethesda including Brink, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Elder Scrolls…

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,227   +314

Well, I have good news and bad news for myself. The good news is I can't buy any of these this weekend (like I need more games). The bad news is I can't buy anything because my home, custom-built PC went belly-up two days ago and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. :(
  3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,019   +83 Staff Member

It needs more games, of course :).

Just won't turn on or what?
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,227   +314

Sunday morning went to turn it on and it would run for about 4 seconds then shut down. Then about another 4 seconds later it would fire up and run for 4 seconds and then shut down again. Continuously did that. First I replaced the power supply and that didn't change anything. Then I replaced the MOBO (and what a royal pain in the rear that is - almost like doing a new build from scratch) and now the on/off cycling is gone, but it won't POST. I've yanked every non-essential item out of it plus swapped out RAM in every available slot just trying to get it to POST with zero luck. Finally gave up and took it to a reputable hobbyist shop this morning. They have more tools to work with than I do. But I'm afraid that the only thing left is the possibility of a bad CPU. :(
  5. w3b0n

w3b0n Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

did you check your Power On button ? sometimes it gets stuck.. weird as it reads it happens
  6. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,193   +105

I heard brink has had lots of compatibility problems with ATI gpus, Do a bit of research before you part with your hard earned cash.
  7. Burnout is not $5.00, it's $20.00 unless theres something I am missing.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.