TechSpot

Weekend game deals: Crysis $7.49, C&C 4 $9.99

By Matthew
May 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As part of its ongoing EA sale, Steam has discounted Crysis and Crysis Warhead by 75%, putting the origianl game down to $7.49. Impulse has reduced Command & Conquer 4:…

Read the whole story

2. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

Crysis has an even better deal you forgot to mention. You can get Crysis, Crysis: Warhead, and Crysis Wars in a set for $9.99. I'm downloading them now : )

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,266   +92

Thanks for the note darkshadoe. I've added it to the list :).

4. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

I second that, Crysis Maximum Edition for $9.99 is a great deal that I recommend to anyone who hasn't given the game a try.

Also wanted to share with you all that The Witcher Enhanced Edition will be on sale for $4.99 this coming Tuesday at GOG.

And Amazon is selling Portal 2 for $29.99 with free shipping.

5. Trainass

Trainass TS Rookie

C&C4 isn't worth $10. Heck, its not even worth $1.

Such a sad way to see an epic game series and story end.

6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

It is a great deal. Finally repurchased the maximum edition a few months ago at the dsame price after I finally folded to Steam....and EA was giving a hard time about the 'De-authorization" of my 3 year old copy.

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +684

Wow, the best Crysis with warhead and wars for less than a tenner! Awesome deal! :)

8. @ red1776

I had 'De-authorization' issues on my Crysis Warhead and lost all of my 5 installs. I was ready to give EA a call but I found out that if you use the official patch 1.2 (which adds 64 bit support for DX10) the file in the main directory of the game and for some reason it bypasses the install limit. Found it kinda odd that they never noticed they made a mistake of not putting their stupid DRM on the 64 bit DX10 Exe only but whatever at least I can play it without the annoying alert that all installs are used. I think it still gives you the message if you try to run the benchmark though.

9. freythman

freythman TS Booster Posts: 113   +10

sad, but true

10. n00bzZy

n00bzZy TS Enthusiast Posts: 38

11. motrin

motrin TS Enthusiast Posts: 159   +12

the crysis deals were part of a daily deal thing.

today is dead space and dead space 2.

12. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Huh, I had it patched to 1.21 and it still gave me a hard time. I wonder if patch 1.21 override that. I called EA and they gave me 1 install. Then I built a new computer and it was back to square 1. I just said to hell with it and got the Steam version of Maximum.