TechSpot

Weekend game deals: L4D2 $6.79, Oblivion GotY $9.99

By Matthew
Dec 30, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. This year's holiday sales are officially in full swing. Nearly all the digital distribution firms have cut prices across the board, and if you see something you want, you should probably grab it sooner rather than later. Steam's holiday extravaganza ends this Sunday, January 2, and the other outfits will conclude their sales around the same time.

Read the whole story
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,468   +622

Steam sales are rather poor this year. :( Or it's just me that can't find games I like at even lower prices..
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,346   +396

I think Steam has finally hit the end of its catalog. I'm seeing some duplicates a lot more frequently now.
  4. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 239

Im getting Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition and Bad Company 2, Nice Offers.
  5. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Enthusiast Posts: 343   +20

Bad Company 2, good choice, GTA IV for PC. Terrible choice. It runs like crap. And yes while it does run better than the console versions, it's terribly unoptimized.
  6. "runs like crap.....terribly unoptimized"

Thanks :) you just saved me 10 bucks ! was up in the air whether to get Gta4 or not.
  7. "GTA IV for PC. Terrible choice. It runs like crap. And yes while it does run better than the console versions, it's terribly unoptimized."

It depend, It is a bad optimised port, even a 4850 should be able to run any console port at excellent framerate, but not in this case. But if you have a 5870 and a phenom II X4, like me, it will run like butter.
  8. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,225

I paid 30 dollars for l4d2, even tho its really worth 50 dollars. The game is so damn fun.

As for the person saying GTA IV runs like crap, i disagree. I tested out GTA IV on my six core with my gts 250 and it runs pretty decent, but " records like crap ". On another note, if i run the game in XP, i can nearly max it out and record perfectly.
  9. yRaz

yRaz TS Booster Posts: 907   +94

My laptops m4650 1GB can run GTA IV...I can run 2nd highest textures(don't remember the other settings, it has been awhile). I think the key is LOTS of vram. It has that bar accross in the top In the graphics menu measuring how much vram you're using and it is easy to go over 512MB. My 8800GT with 512MB has a harder time running it than the slower 1GB card.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.