TechSpot

Weekend game deals: Max Payne 3 $39.99, Civ IV+V $11.99, more

By Matthew
Jul 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Although it's not as epic as Steam's summer sale, Amazon has some pretty solid deals this weekend, including Civ IV, V and a Stronghold Collection for $19.99 (or just Civ IV and V for $11.99), Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, Mercenaries 2,…

Read more

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

I wish there's some way I can re-sell the Dead Island game I purchased two weeks ago from Steam to someone else who might enjoy it. the EU ruling really needs to make it over the shore.

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,535   +573

That EA Bundle from Amazon looks like a pretty decent deal - four good games (Bulletstorm, Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise, The Saboteur) and one average game (Mercenaries 2) for $15.

4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

that's sad. I got dead island for the same price.

5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,434   +755

Picked up BFBC2 right before I saw this. Its downloading, I R excited.

6. Breech

Breech TS Member Posts: 76

Agreed, that's a really good deal. The Saboteur alone is worth that much IMO. I wanted to try Mirror's Edge as well. I'd pick this up if I hadn't already purchased The Saboteur.

7. Which of these can british users purchase from ? Steam obviously. But Amazon.co.uk does not have a game downloads page. Does the .com site like the sterling?

8. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,149   +66

Guest, you have to fudge your billing address to order downloadable games from Amazon.com, but Amazon is one of the few places where it's not a big problem to do. Currency conversion will be done by your credit card company and you'll likely be charged something for this.

I want to buy Alice, but the idea of having to use an EA account to play it puts me off. Unfortunately it costs $50 on Steam (regional pricing).

9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,149   +66

(Troll alert)

So, what are you buying for $39.99, Max Payne 3 or Windows 8?