Weekend game deals: Plants vs. Zombies $2, Mass Effect 2 $5

By Matthew
Feb 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. With Mass Effect 3 coming next month, it's a great time to catch up with the series and GameFly (formerly Direct2Drive) is selling the second installment for only $4.99. Microsoft…

Read the whole story
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

I picked up Plants v Zombies for my Steam gift basket - might be nice to give to someone later, or play myself.

Also, Valentines bundle from these guys just started too:

http://www.indieroyale.com/
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,196   +228

I bought Plants vs Zombies also - 2 copies... one for each of my daughters.
  4. i find myself always buying things from these sales only to never play the game
  5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

Do like I did. if unsure whether you'll play,just put it in your gift inventory.
  6. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 917   +26

Same here. That's why I tried to reduce my spending last year, and did it with reasonable success, even though I still bought tons of games. Unfortunately I discovered Steam Gifts and since I enjoy giving away stuff this adds an incentive to buy more games. If I don't play them I can always give them away.

As for Plants vs. Zombies, I have both the PC and Android versions and I played it more on my phone, because it's a more accessible device and the game is really suited to touch control. So I'd recommend going with that version of the game (which costs $3) if you have a suitable device.
  7. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Booster Posts: 990   +82

I would have bought Mass Effect 2 but it was just for N America and i'm in europe. I'll wait for steam to make the same offer. :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.