TechSpot

Weekend game deals: Plants vs. Zombies $2, Mass Effect 2 $5

By Matthew
Feb 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. With Mass Effect 3 coming next month, it's a great time to catch up with the series and GameFly (formerly Direct2Drive) is selling the second installment for only $4.99. Microsoft…

Read the whole story

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

I picked up Plants v Zombies for my Steam gift basket - might be nice to give to someone later, or play myself.

Also, Valentines bundle from these guys just started too:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,197   +420

I bought Plants vs Zombies also - 2 copies... one for each of my daughters.

4. i find myself always buying things from these sales only to never play the game

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Do like I did. if unsure whether you'll play,just put it in your gift inventory.

6. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,142   +62

Same here. That's why I tried to reduce my spending last year, and did it with reasonable success, even though I still bought tons of games. Unfortunately I discovered Steam Gifts and since I enjoy giving away stuff this adds an incentive to buy more games. If I don't play them I can always give them away.

As for Plants vs. Zombies, I have both the PC and Android versions and I played it more on my phone, because it's a more accessible device and the game is really suited to touch control. So I'd recommend going with that version of the game (which costs $3) if you have a suitable device.

7. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,654   +376

I would have bought Mass Effect 2 but it was just for N America and i'm in europe. I'll wait for steam to make the same offer. :D