TechSpot

Weekend game deals: Rift $29.95

By Matthew
Apr 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As part of its ongoing "30 days of deals" promotion, Direct2Drive cuts 40% off the retail price of Rift, a new MMORPG from Trion Worlds. While there aren't many mind-blowing bargains this week, we should note that time is running low on a few preorder discounts around the Web -- namely Section 8: Prejudice (May 4) and Brink (May 10). A handful of Friday Night Fragfest regulars are preordering Section 8 and we'll be playing the game when it launches next week.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,387   +425

Count me in as one of the Section 8 players. :)

3. Chazz

Chazz TS Maniac Posts: 640   +60

That section 8 trailer reminds me so much of halo. For 13 bucks I'll try it out.

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,093   +86 Staff Member

Yeah, I think that's kind of the attitude we all have right now: what can go wrong for $13-$15? For what it's worth, the game is already out on the Xbox 360 and it's received positive reviews.

5. give me duke nukem or give me death

6. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

For those who haven't picked up Portal 2 yet, K-Mart & GameStop have them on sale this weekend.

I have the original and it plays very much like a slow placed Tribes/Halo game. It has its flaws, but overall is pretty fun imo. Probably going to pick up Prejudice as well seeing as I enjoyed the original.

7. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Mount and Blade? Proper old style guns? Better singleplayer? Not full price? Sign me the fug up, doc.

8. i just miss this chance . dam it .

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.