Weekend game deals: Splinter Cell: Conviction $10, Civ V $17

By Matthew
Jul 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. It's a great weekend for cash-strapped turn-based strategy buffs as Steam is offering 66% off Civilization V and GamersGate has discounted various Total War titles by 50% or more. Impulseā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Also, it looks like Valve has released the beta version of it's new L4D2 DLC: "Dead Air."
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 892   +52

Hmm do I buy Civ V again for my wife and risk Steam wiping out her account again (she's on a mac).
  4. Civ V is a disappointment ... take that from a longtime civ fan. Actually they have gone down since Civ 3. Get her Alpha Centauri if its still available. With this and modern hardware she could build worlds so vast she wont meet other leaders for weeks on end. The Ironing might not get done tho.
    <jk>
  5. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195   +18

Rift is available from the Rift website this weekend for $4.99 or the collectors version for $9.99.
  6. I bought Civ5 from Steam for $49.99 only last week!!! That hurts!
  7. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,043   +84 Staff Member

Yeah, it's almost to the point where I'm afraid to buy something at full price :(.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.