Weekend Open Forum: Do you exercise regularly?

By Jos
Jul 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. For those of us who spend many hours in front of a computer it's a good idea to get some actual exercise done every now and then. Today's question: Do you exercise regularly? Also, for those of you into sports, what…

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,728   +286

3. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 743   +14

I walk every day and in the summer swim every day. The weight never comes off tho. I like the Wii's handheld device and have never seen Playstation's or Kinect in action, but I think they give good exercise too. Not like watching tv/movies.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 865   +281

I run local trails and lift weights. The only gadget I use is my iPhone - the default note app to record stuff in the gym and an app called RunKeeper to track my running.
  5. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 1,976   +51 Staff Member

I play football (soccer for the US crowd) on Mondays and try to go out for a ~5K jog or jump the rope for 20 minutes a couple of times a week. I thought about getting a Fitbit to keep track of my workouts but I'm afraid after the novelty passes in a month or so I won't use it anymore :) I do use RunKeeper on the iPhone, though.
  6. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,062   +69

I do a lot of nature walks with my camera photographing the local wildlife. I also do an equal amount of bike riding.
  7. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

Yes free weights, light cardio, stretching, and still find time to sit in front of the pc a couple hours each night after work to feed my brain.
  8. Gars

Gars TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 227

lucky u
    waiting for CS16 tablet version
    until that im just developing my a$$ 12h/day
    for the record - playing table-tenis 1h/weakly - just to get in my own sauce
  9. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

With no car, I walk a lot. Plus lack of processed American food works wonders for the body.
  10. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 900

Depends on what time of the year. During school soccer season, I play soccer for 1.5 hours a day, every week day, and during the club season the same, but usually 3-4 days a week. During the sumer, though, all I do is go cycling or play soccer or ultimate frisbee about once a week.
  11. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,267   +215

I ride a bike anywhere from 30 to 45 miles a week, occasionally an easy 30 mile ride on the weekend. I've gotten a bit back into running recently, but I bike far more often than I run. I use a garmin gps watch and strava.com to track things.
  12. just the old and good fork lifting
  13. Jeffrey Hunt

Jeffrey Hunt Newcomer, in training

Yeah. I run a bit. Probably about 180-190km per week.... oh yeah, I'm going to the London Olympics to run the marathon for Australia. Don't believe me, check out www.jeffreyhunt.com.au

Sorry, I just had to put a comment. :)
    Jos likes this.

14. Gotta train for the APFT... PT can get mundane if you do it the Army way, but I have tried other ways. Seems I like weights for strength and ellipticals for cardio.
  15. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 257   +74

Since leaving the military , ( self explanatory by my nickname..), I'm a personal trainer.. so yeah I don't really have a time when I'm NOT being physical, anaerobic or otherwise.
  16. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 617   +111

I work on a farm so I get a fair amount of exercise at my job. However, My only other hobby besides computers is exercise. Free weights and running with a little swimming every now and then.
    I also watch what I eat pretty closely. I find that it makes my time spend exercising more profitable and my time at work easier.

As far as sports go...I went to a very small highschool where I was the star at several sports. I got to college and realized I actually sucked so I gave up sports for weightlifting. I dont really follow any sports on television other than motorsports.
  17. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

I like playing sports more than anything else for exercising... soccer, tennis and most recently beach volleyball are my favorite sports. Before I had a biking accident and subsequent surgery I was playing beach volley a few times a week and soccer/tennis more sporadically. Hope I can go back to that routine soon.
  18. I regularly promise myself to start doing more sports.
  19. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,199   +228

I wish. I'm well on pace to be a fat lard over the next few years.
  20. I usually exercise with my fork and spoon; to be honest I make this kind of exercises all day long.
    cheers
  21. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +97

I don't get anywhere near enough, but I'm also limited to what I can do due to severe back damage and the subsequent pain it causes. That said, I'm finally getting into a position where I'm managing that better with painkillers so I can get out a bit more and get some exercise, which of course always helps with the weight. lol.

I try to eat sensibly these days (cut a lot of crap out of my diet in the last year or so) and walk at least a little bit when I'm able to, but otherwise, that's about it.
  22. Yeah! I love working out! Admittedly its hard to pull myself away from my computer sometimes, but once the adrenaline starts its not hard to keep going. A lot of people would probably be really surprised how easy it is to stay in great shape with a little exercise and eating right.
  23. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 563   +96

Walking is my favorite routine besides sitting in front of my gaming sessions.
  24. CryVer

CryVer Newcomer, in training Posts: 35

Yep, 3 weight lifting sessions each week. Training for strength.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.