TechSpot

Weekend Open Forum: Hobbies away from the PC

By Matthew
Mar 25, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The fact that you're visiting a site named TechSpot is indicative of your passion for technology and if you're anything like me, you probably spend more time online than you do sleeping. Between work and play, it's not uncommon for me to spend upwards of 12 hours a day online -- including mealtimes.

Read the whole story

2. With the weather getting nicer I'll probably spend my weekends mountain biking.

3. chaboi390

chaboi390 TS Rookie Posts: 83

A good book would set me aside from my PC, once and awhile.

4. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

5. cpsheb

cpsheb TS Rookie

I have a model railroad as a hobby that I can control using my eee touch pc through my wireless network. So I guess I can?t get away from computers altogether no matter what I do as a hobby.

6. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

Trout fishing and fresh water fishing in general on streams and creeks.

Working out almost daily with weights with plenty of cardio -- yes, I consider this a hobby. When the weather gets nice riding my ten-speed for fun and cardio.

Reading on a myriad of subjects. And, no, I don't have a Kindle, etc. Give me the printed word in a book or in a magazine.

Reading minidump files at TechSpot. :D

* By the way Matthew, I've tried those kettlebells and once in awhile I will work them in my regular routine. They are a great workout! We have one trainer at my gym who specializes in them.

7. dotVezz

dotVezz TS Enthusiast Posts: 117

Tennis for me. And cycling.

8. dotVezz

dotVezz TS Enthusiast Posts: 117

Is it just me... or does it seem like just with this little bit of information, everyone who comments on TechSpot just got a lot more interesting? We all just seem... more human?

9. fastvince

fastvince TS Rookie Posts: 52

I go Slot Car Racing ! Its a great hobby. It used to be big back in the 70,s. Its making a little bit of a comeback these days. There are more and more tracks popping up.

10. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

I agree. This is a cool thread.

11. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

Because I like to cook in my spare, non-computer time, I'm more interesting and human?

12. boybrushdred

boybrushdred TS Member Posts: 26

Guitar and psp

13. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

breakdancing :)

14. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TS Enthusiast Posts: 104

I play the guitar and piano. I also play hockey and ski.

15. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

I play the drums in my past -time. excellent stress reliever, but so much fun.

16. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195   +24

Basketball, exercising, studying Japanese.

17. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,455   +228

In my spare time I repair cars and trucks, from clutches, struts, axles, timing belts, rack and pinion, brakes to head gasket replacement. It's a hobby because I don't charge labor, just parts. As a result, I have a professional sized tool collection. So when I see toolless computer cases, I think why would I want one of those? :)

I also attend a few NASCAR races. Just Fontana, California and Indianapolis, Indiana.

Although I've gotten away from it recently, I used to alpine ski throughout the western U.S. and at a few resorts in western Canada.

18. KidChaos

KidChaos TS Rookie Posts: 21

I DJ (beat matching/mixing) house music.. but not that has come to involve computers too.. so not really truly away from PC, but certainly a non-typical use.. TechSpot crew always welcome to come listen.. I do my show Tuesdays CST 8pm-10pm on http:/pressureradio.com Deep/soulful mostly, but I do branch off to some latin and tribal influenced tracks.. It's not everyone's bag, but it's me :)

19. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Bodypainting.
    Do I win the forum?

:D?

20. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

I race cars,drink, and fondle women...but....I have weekends off!

* 'Arthur' 1981 Orion Pictures

21. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

Sports
    GUNS!

22. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

Hmmm, I cook, draw, go rock climbing, or snowboarding if its in winter.... or just go out to do photography of landscapes and architecture :D

23. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,685   +60

Drink beer. Chase women. Watch TV. Go to college.

Every other week there seems to be some kind of family get together, birthdays etc.

Sometimes I go camping and fishing.

24. Colt891

Colt891 TS Member

Dirt biking, street biking, shooting, skydiving, all the fun stuff.

25. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,370   +125

School?
    Yay, LED flashlights too.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.