TechSpot

Weekend Open Forum: Most memorable videogame boss fights

By Jos
May 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Boss fights have been a staple of video games since the beginning. Whether you play something as seemingly innocent as Mario or a game that scares the bejesus out of...

Read the whole story

2. Scorpionking20

Scorpionking20 TS Rookie

Every fight in Shadow of Colossus

3. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 570   +97

There are many memorable boss fights, but for me the most memorable is the three stage final boss fight on Final Fantasy XI before finally facing off against Kefka. If you didn't build up your characters properly or you chose the wrong players you were in for a world of hurt, especially when Kefka starts off the final battle with the instant first move, Fallen Angel. If you didn't have at least Celes or Terra in your party getting everyone in your party healed was a difficult feat.

4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

This. Mother****ing this.

5. cldmstrsn

cldmstrsn TS Rookie

I have to say I think you are thinking of Final Fantasy VI not XI=11. But I agree the kefka fight is epic and also one of the best bosses and baddies to ever grace video games!!

6. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,281   +157

Every boss in the zelda series, Darksiders deserves a mention too.

Awesome thread btw :)

7. javierkaiser

javierkaiser TS Rookie Posts: 17

Sephirot, FF VII.
    Epic battle with an epic music!

8. the dragon in every level end in nintendo's super mario brothers :)
    (yeah, I'm THAT old)

9. The Cyberdemon from doom e2m8.

10. The fight with Shredder and his twin in TMNT, the difficulty, the music, the pace, everything is perfect!

11. The Green Dragon in Megaman 2, be chased by something that big in that time was incredible.

- Ma

12. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 570   +97

You're right, it is VI, but that's what happens when you've been up since 4am. :)

13. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 641   +118

Lavos in Chrono Trigger. EPIC!!!

Oh and Smithy from super Mario rpg. Ridiculous.

14. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Naruto vs Pein in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 xD

vs Red in GSC and HGSS

15. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,105   +44

Crashman with buster

/thread

16. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 348   +54

The only boss I ever beat w/o using a cheat code was the hitler in the robot outfit in the original wolfenstein 3D series. LOL, other than that, god mode baby.
    I just like to see how the cut scene ends.

17. Tearing off someones head and crapping down their throat - Duke Nukum

18. Comander Keen

19. Maggie Chow or Gunther Hermann from Deus Ex

20. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +99

Not much of a gamer outside of FPS/MMOs but for me.

Ulduar WoW: Algalon 25 He Feeds On Your Tears, Yogg +0, Mimiron, Flame Lev when it came out.
    ICC: LK25hc

Prior to that in late 90s, not many games since back then wasn't a huge gamer, not until 2007 when I started gaming for serious. But Crash Bandicoot was fun ^^

21. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Yuffie Kisaragi vs. Godo Kisaragi (Father). I didn't level up at the time of the battle and every time I'd hit him I'd literally take of just a few points. He kept healing and so did I. The battle honestly took at least a good 45-60 minutes. At least. Once I finally finished it felt like the most accomplished I had ever done. It was pretty damn epic if you ask me.

I have many more. You see I'm a huge RPG fan and RPG fans are always taking on Boss Battles of epic proportions aren't we?

22. scumbag

scumbag TS Rookie Posts: 25

I can't remember the battle so much, I think I was still grieving for Aeris.

He had to die.

23. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

For the old times I would say contra each level had a tough boss in the end.
    More recently assassin's creed 1 loved the final ending fight was pretty challenging.

24. TekGun

TekGun TS Enthusiast Posts: 158   +13

Andross in Starfox64.

25. Doctor John

Doctor John TS Enthusiast Posts: 247   +15

Matilda-X in Dr. Lunatic Supreme with Cheese (Hamumu)
    Rock hard scary action for silly folk! :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.