Weekend Open Forum: What are you watching?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Streaming video has given us the ability to more or less watch whatever we want, whenever we choose. Because this newfound freedom also extends to traditional pay-TV, rarely will you find a shortage of quality content to consume.

My fiancée and I recently started HBO’s Westworld after giving up on Australian paranormal series Glitch several episodes in (it was too similar to ABC’s Resurrection). We also enjoyed Stranger Things although I’m not quite sure it lived up to the Internet hype (Westworld is off to a much better start) and look forward to season three of Better Call Saul come April. The first season of The Grand Tour from Amazon also delivered.

With this week’s open forum, we’re curious, what are you currently watching? Without giving away any spoilers, is there anything specific you’d recommend or suggest to avoid? Feel free to share in the comments section below.

Permalink to story.

The Vikings, Walking Dead (this season is unfortunately the worst so far) and Taboo. Will watch the next season of Game of Thrones whenever they decide to kick it in again.

All recommended, especially The Vikings which I think is one of the more underrated shows available right now.

Last edited:
The original 24 TV series from the beginning. I forgot how addictive the show is (the end of almost every episode is a cliff hanger). Although it's not quite "Real Time" without the commercials. :)

The Vikings, Walking Dead (this season is unfortunately the worst so far) and Taboo. Will watch the next season of Game of Thrones whenever they decide to kick it in again.

All recommended, especially The Vikings which I think is one of the more underrated shows available right now.

I can confirm that The Vikings is one of the most underrated shows ever.

Six (great very new show about seal team six, it has action and story)

Gold Rush, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, The mick, Detroiters (new comedy), Tosh.o, Kevin can wait, the big bang theory. (these shows are ok, the older ones have kinda lost their luster)

Waiting for

walking dead, game of thrones, fargo, rick and morty, vikings. (all great)

f is for family ( good not the best kinda interesting)

Im trying to get through fear the walking dead but I am rooting the zombies and can barely manage an episode every few months, so so bad.

I've found TV to be very disappointing the last few years. It's probably me getting older and seen so much of the things on TV before. As for things I've found interesting this year. Mr Selfridge, going through MR. Robot again, also been watching Unreal.

Watching Suits and Homeland at the moment. Vikings is kind of slow this season so I've run behind that one.

I usually watch more TV shows than movies, but this past month I repeated the original Star Wars trilogy, watched The Accountant (really good) and I'm watching the Harry Potter movies for the first time. Great movies just didn't pay attention to them before.

Tennis streams, ATP and WTA. You can choose any match during any tournament, except for the courts without cameras. Regular TV can't compete with that. It's the only way you can watch the matches of the players you want to see all year long, not just the American players that ESPN wants you to see.

The Walking Dead when recent episodes show up on Netflix. Outside of that, nothing.

I also recommend watching TWD if you don't already because failure to do so will result in Rick Grimes killing you.

Vikings, Black Sails, Blindspot, The 100, Agents of Shield, Arrow, The Flash, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Outlander. Shadowhunters, and Once Upon a Time

Lethal Weapon - Clayne Crawford who plays Riggs is now my favourite actor hands down
Gotham - there isn't a character I don't like
Gangland Undercover - biker gangs interest me
The Walking Dead - poor writing and story, but Rick, Carol, Daryl and the odd random character keep me coming back. Oh, and "Trevor" from GTA V is in it so that's really cool

A friend recommended Sons of Anarchy. I am going to get even with him one day, if I recover. I have been binge watching it and am halfway through the 3rd season in 4 sleepless nights. Whoever chose the cast for this series deserves an Emmy.

Right now we are on Stranger Things which seemed to start slow but has got much better. Before that it was VanHelsing which we apparently enjoyed more than the internet did.

Unless it's live sport, or documentaries I haven't seen, or have seen a while back, I've got a lot of far better things to do other than watch TV. Movies and TV series are among the last things that interests me.

Currently im watching Training Day, The Expanse season 2 and Outsiders season 2, then there is The Daily Show and Last Week Tonight.

Blindspot, Agents of Shield, The walking Dead, Homeland, Westworld

catching up with some old boxsets of Californication and Justified..

Looking forward to Better Call Saul season 3 and Bosch season 3...

Might check out The expanse, Training Day and Lethal Weapon.

Back