Weekend Open Forum: Your favorite original streaming content, TV shows

Jos

Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon are all fighting for a position in a cord-cutter’s world and they’re doing so not just signing popular series and movies. They’re focusing ever more on original content and they’ve already racked up some accolades over the past few years. Netflix alone has close to 50 Emmy nominations and eleven wins for series including House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and The Square. Amazon for its part won the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series with Transparent. And with dozens of other entertaining shows it’s clear original streaming content is here to stay.

For this week’s Open Forum we want to know: What are your favorite original streaming shows? Did one show in particular finally got you to pony up for a subscription or perhaps even steer you towards dropping cable altogether?

Permalink to story.

MASH.

Keeps me on cable. Only 'show' type thing I watch - with occasional doses of PBS Masterpiece Mystery and PBS NewsHour / BBC News. Haven't found anything else quite to my liking among the streams.

Netflix is my go to station. I caught up on Breaking Bad 3 weeks before it ended and then started watching other shows.Orange is the New Black and Daredevil are my 2 favorites. House of Cards is also good. I am eagerly waiting for Power Man and Iron Fist.

Those services are still illegal here but if it wasn't for a few documentaries or live sport I wouldn't watch TV at all. I'm not interested in series, sitcoms, movies, reality shows etc. in the least so if their services were legally available here I probably wouldn't bother with them, unless of course my wife was interested in them but after nearly 40 years of marriage I know her, she watches less TV than I do.

Hmmmm .... I've seen quite a few "your favorite" questions lately. Are we really running out of good topics?

Back