Weekend tech reading: Asus undercuts MS Surface with VivoTab RT

By Matthew
Nov 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. It remains to be seen how many opponents will show up to each battle, but the Windows RT price wars have begun. ASUS is now offering their VivoTab RT tablet -- which launched October 26th alongside Windows 8 -- for...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,319   +370

Heh..I fall into the category who won't watch a video if it doesn't fire right up. Same thing if there's a 30 second commercial attached to it. Most videos are cutsey, time-wasting junk anyway, so I'm not going to waste a lot of time to watch them. I'll endure a 10-12 second commercial, but anything longer than that, or if the video won't boot up in 3-4 seconds then forget it.
    Timonius likes this.
  3. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

Heh...on a similar note, I try to watch some of my favorite shows more legitimately through the actual tv networks website. It worked for a while, but then some of them got 'dumb' and decided to intersperse the show with ads and in some cases it won't even load because of my wonderful FF/ABP duo. Buh-bye, back to the 'other' means.

Furthermore, for the shows I enjoy the most...I WILL (and have) go out and buy the season box sets when they become available. So I save a little here, but spend a bit more there. It's a win-win for everybody without the 'middleman' ads.
  4. veLa

veLa TechSpot Booster Posts: 490   +75

If there's an advertisement I refuse to watch the video, and I also have fast enough internet so if videos don't load and play in the first 5 seconds you've lost me.
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,473   +301

The day Ad-block Plus blocked Ads from Youtube Videos was one of the best days of my life.
    Lurker101 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.