TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Diablo III, Cataclysm, HotS detailed

By Matthew
Oct 24, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Blizzcon 2010 news roundup Blizzard's gigantic annual fan conference, Blizzcon, just took place on the 22nd and 23rd of October – and out of it (besides the live performances, insane costuming and playable demos) came a whole lot of news about Blizzard's upcoming games. Gaming Till Disconnected

Read the whole story

2. xcelofjkl

xcelofjkl TS Rookie Posts: 86

Been upgrading my rig for Cataclysm! Bring it on Deathwing!

3. jizzyburnizzy

jizzyburnizzy TS Rookie Posts: 46

Cataclysm is looking pretty sweet, I decided not to play any on the beta this year so I can experience it all on release. IMO Blizzard has done such an amazing job with the great lineup of games they produce and I'm sure ill be playing their games for several more years.

4. Hargert

Hargert TS Rookie

I was a little disappointed with the announcements from Blizzcon this year. I was hoping for at least an announcement of their new MMO project or a little more on Diablo 3. The new cataclysm expansion does look very good and not that far away.

5. jizzyburnizzy

I hear ya, I really wanted to make it to Blizzcon this year but couldnt due to work. I've heard from several others that it wasnt as good this year due to the lack of announcements.

6. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 844   +11

Cataclysm is enough to make me come back after not playing for 3 months. Between it and everyone else I know coming back should be a fun.

7. kaonis92

kaonis92 TS Enthusiast Posts: 117

Another life-wasting WoW update for the masses...Congrats to people for making them wealthy.

8. 63Jax

63Jax TS Rookie Posts: 65

just bring diablo 3, the wait is so painful... but i know we wont be dissapointed

9. ViNCiLiCiouS

ViNCiLiCiouS TS Rookie Posts: 31

Maybe its just me, but I didnt see anything about Heart of the Swarm (HotS)?
    On a side note, Blizzard is making a Left 4 Dead, Bejeweled, and DotA knockoff for SC2 (called Left 2 Die, Starjeweled, and Blizzard DotA respectively) and some other ones.

10. sMILEY4ever

sMILEY4ever TS Enthusiast Posts: 156

I hope cataclysm brings something new to the table..

11. jizzyburnizzy

only life-wasting if you make it that way, im just a casual player as I have a family and work and all that stuff. only play about 4-6 hours a week and its relaxing for me.

12. ryan29121

ryan29121 TS Enthusiast Posts: 182

"World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Win2K Fix On a related note, our server guru, Per has managed to hack the latest version of WoW to run on Windows 2000. Yes, it's an old OS but a solid one at that, so if you've ever hit a wall trying to couple those two together, here's a fix. "

Why would anyone want to run video games on windows 2000? Or better yet why would anyone want to even run windows 2000? Upgrade to windows 7 already!

13. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 132   +17

I gamed on Windows 2K for years and never had any issues. I moved to Vista and I hated it. WIN 7 made me a believer again. Upgrade to WIN 7

14. TitoBXNY

TitoBXNY TS Enthusiast Posts: 132   +17

Oh, just re activated my WoW account and liking 4.0 changes. Unfortunately, I can't raid for 5 hrs a night anymore. I

15. Night Hacker

Night Hacker TS Enthusiast Posts: 112   +12

MIcrosoft PC Games from the browser, wow, what a good idea... or at least it would be if GoG.com hadn't already done it really well. I'm thinking this is why they're looking at this more seriously, possibly due to GoG (Good Old Games) success. That aside, I think it could work for them if they follow GoG's model and how they do it. I've purchased quite a few games from GoG and love the service.

16. citac

citac TS Rookie

DONT GO BACK , wow is such a life controlling game i use to be exactly like you raid 5 hours a night, 4 times a week + farming and instances etc etc etc, just uninstall game and go do something else.

17. Micael

Micael TS Rookie Posts: 37

There's a few questlines in Cataclysm that make the game worth playing, looks amazing.

18. buttus

buttus TS Enthusiast Posts: 187

Diablo 3 is the one I have been waiting most eagerly for. Is there an actual release date for it yet?

19. VitaminC

VitaminC TS Rookie Posts: 29

I must say, Diablo is looking like it might actually hold my attention for longer than a couple of weeks. Can't wait for the PVP, and more importantly, a game that isn't rebalanced every week due to PVP imbalances.

20. frodough

frodough TS Rookie Posts: 90

the article fooled me, i did not see where D3 was mentioned in the articles... been waiting for it for years now

21. rwright

rwright TS Rookie

Ah ha! Never even knew that Microsoft had their own digital download game site. No wonder i couldn't find Gears of War for PC anywhere.

22. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,065   +84 Staff Member

There's a four or five paragraph overview in the very first link.

23. mkillor

mkillor TS Rookie

Diablo 3 is going to AMAZING! I have been waiting for a long time...and will continue to wait. The videos on the new Demon Hunter class look pretty cool too. Youtube it.

24. oasis789

oasis789 TS Rookie Posts: 51

wish i couldve been at blizzcon. damn, i want diablo 3 so bad.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.