Weekend tech reading: Elder Scrolls V, Mass Effect 3 announced

Matthew DeCarlo

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim announced, coming 11/11/11 Todd Howard took the stage at the Spike VGA 2010 show to announce The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with a release date of November 11, 2011. No platforms were announced, but we would assume it's going to be PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Shacknews

Mass Effect 3 confirmed for holiday 2011 The first trailer for Mass Effect 3 has been shown at the Spike VGA 2010 show, confirming the EA Store slip-up which listed the game for pre-order yesterday. The trailer shows a besieged Earth under attack from a new enemy. Shacknews

World's smallest battery created Because battery technology hasn’t developed as quickly as the electronic devices they power, a greater and greater percentage of the volume of these devices is taken up by the batteries needed to keep them running. Now a team of researchers working at the Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (CINT) is claiming to have created the world’s smallest battery... Gizmag

Jamendo geeks solve the hidden Chrome OS equation (and win a Cr-48 netbook) By now if you're as RSS-addicted as me you've probably seen the excellent "How to remain calm" Chrome OS video. Like the previous potato-powered Chrome ad, excellent job from the marketing guys at Google! However this time with my fellow geeks at Jamendo we noticed an equation hidden at 2:23 in the video... Jamendo

Panelize fixes one of Chrome OS's fundamental flaws If you haven't played with Chrome OS yet, it has one fundamental niggle that harkens back to the DOS days of yore: windows don't exist, and it has no way of displaying multiple tabs on screen at the same time. This means if you want to refer to a document while you compose an email, you need to repetitively switch between tabs... Download Squad

When computers go wrong When computers go wrong, they often go spectacularly wrong. In most cases, catastrophic failures are blamed on "computer bugs", although human error is normally the root cause for the embarrassing failures. Stewart Mitchell charts the world's ten most calamitous computer cock-ups. PC Pro

Permalink to story.

I have to say that I liked the more open ended game play of TES III over IV. As the plot of IV advanced it got annoying to have the demons everywhere. I liked in III how the plot wasn't as intrusive on game play, similar to how Ultima IV was. But that may be just my cup of tea.

Elder Scrolls V & Mass Effect 3 officially going on my "Christmas gifts to myself" list. :D

It is gonna be great the 2011 christmas, if we are still here.

Whatever, anyone else tired of having 100 years on those content warnings checks?

Elder Scrolls V and Mass Effect 3 are both amazing. Too bad the release date is still a whole year from now. But oh well, I know they will be worth it.

On a less RPG note, I'm waiting for Hitman 5 to be released. 2011 is looking amazing so far.

Oh man, I never even finished all the content on ESIII & IV =X. Can't wait though a new ES and ME3 =D!

Poor elder scrolls...Morrowind was Epic, and oblivion not so much. My biggest fear is that since elder scrolls is staying with consoles instead of improving it there going to be making it be able to run on the same system oblivion ran on 5 years ago! Talk about being held back! Let me guess it will have multiplayer to and that will be the center focus...FAIL! Here's hoping for the best!

Finally! another epic game is coming, screw ME3! i want Elder Scrolls, and that id Tech engine is the plus. I cant w8 to get the 1st screenshots of the game, collect them all and then delete them when i get the game :p

Back