Weekend tech reading: Elder Scrolls V, Mass Effect 3 announced

By Matthew
Dec 12, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim announced, coming 11/11/11 Todd Howard took the stage at the Spike VGA 2010 show to announce The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with a release date of November 11, 2011. No platforms were announced, but we would assume it's going to be PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Shacknews

Read the whole story
  2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

I have been waiting for a long time for Elder Scrolls V, i cant wait to see come real gameplay videos.
  3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I have to say that I liked the more open ended game play of TES III over IV. As the plot of IV advanced it got annoying to have the demons everywhere. I liked in III how the plot wasn't as intrusive on game play, similar to how Ultima IV was. But that may be just my cup of tea.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,328   +376

Elder Scrolls V & Mass Effect 3 officially going on my "Christmas gifts to myself" list. :D
  5. Technochicken

Technochicken TechSpot Paladin Posts: 903

Man I wish I had noticed that equation in the Cr-48 video.
  6. It is gonna be great the 2011 christmas, if we are still here.

Whatever, anyone else tired of having 100 years on those content warnings checks?
  7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Elder Scrolls V and Mass Effect 3 are both amazing. Too bad the release date is still a whole year from now. But oh well, I know they will be worth it.

On a less RPG note, I'm waiting for Hitman 5 to be released. 2011 is looking amazing so far.
  8. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Oh man, I never even finished all the content on ESIII & IV =X. Can't wait though a new ES and ME3 =D!
  9. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 676   +41

Poor elder scrolls...Morrowind was Epic, and oblivion not so much. My biggest fear is that since elder scrolls is staying with consoles instead of improving it there going to be making it be able to run on the same system oblivion ran on 5 years ago! Talk about being held back! Let me guess it will have multiplayer to and that will be the center focus...FAIL! Here's hoping for the best!
  10. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Finally! another epic game is coming, screw ME3! i want Elder Scrolls, and that id Tech engine is the plus. I cant w8 to get the 1st screenshots of the game, collect them all and then delete them when i get the game :p
  11. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

Definitely looking forward to Mass Effect 3. 2011 will be another good gaming year.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.