TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Facebook from inception to IPO

By Matthew
May 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The Facebook story: from inception to IPO Just over eight years after Mark Zuckerberg launched thefacebook in a Harvard dorm room, Facebook has officially gone public today. And, what better time...

Read the whole story
  2. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

D3's launch didn't prove anything. Everyone's just been to brainwashed to notice since Modern Warfare 2 came out.

And if you need to argue with me over Modern Warfare 2, you're still brainwashed.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,805   +542

... to bankruptcy. This ending is one I'm praying for. Facebook and alike are a way of popularizing idiocy and promoting mediocrity of thought worldwide.
  4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,313   +480

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  5. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 353   +40

Facebook's life cycle is ending quickly. Many people in the US are dropping facebook already with plenty more concerned about facebook on privacy and harvesting of their data. When the next big thing rolls along and catches, facebook will drop dead like everything before it.
  6. +1
  7. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

I think I like facebook for that reason alone. I mean, imagine a world where you were ignorant to the fact a large amount of people believed that the Tsunami on Japan was some sort of divine retribution for Pearl Harbor?

I might be happier/blissful, we can't have that.
  8. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Like anything else, FB is a tool. I find it a great tool to keep in touch with friends and family back home when I'm at school. Whatever "next thing" exists, its going to keep FB's data harvesting model.
  9. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TS Booster Posts: 808   +51

Couldn't have put it in a better way!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.