TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Facebook's midlife crisis

By Matthew
Mar 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Does Facebook know how to get old? At a Facebook developer event in Austin on Sunday, the company's golden children weren't so sure. Many of the people there either ran or represented companies that make Facebook apps. A rep for...

Read more

2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,754   +96

Don't forget Kixeye Battle Pirates and War Commander those on played on Face Book. But Kixeye has their own server now to play these two games directly without logging onto Face Book. Their newest game Vega Conflict a space battle game also plays on their server. Still in beta I able to get a feel of that game. So all 3 of games I play. Only two BP and WC are on FB and on KE servers.

Old games from Zynga like CafeWorld and Farmville get stale on FB.

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

FB cant really change anymore. Heck, they can redesign their newsfeed, but there is nothing new there.

4. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 558   +150

Hahaha, it sounds like apple is getting desperate :p

5. JC713

I have an iphone 5 but still got the email lol... fail

6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

GRRRRRRR my jimmies continue to be rustled by Apple. That new 'why iphone' page is simply amazing.

- The first photo looks ridiculous. The stupid screen aspect ratio is multiplied by the angle of photo.
    - Retina display claims: yeah, you can see the pixels - lie #1. Also, other high-end phones have better-than-retina quality displays, which Apple deny - lie#2.
    - The battery technology claims are blatant lies. It's a Li-Po 1440mAh battery - standard.
    - The CPU claims I agree with. Proprietary CPU with OS makes it run pretty great. (Still lags on GUI though)
    - Camera claims. Most popular? Get your obscure facts pulled from Flicker out of here. The iPhone camera's are mediocre, and the latest iPhone 5 one has serious issues.
    - Store claims: yup, the store is pretty good. Developer frustration though? Haha...
    - iOS6 - worlds most advanced. I don't really have anything to say here really, we all know this is BS.
    - Siri. It's a gimmick. Is it even out of Beta yet?

inb4 fanboy.

JC713, BlueDrake and m4a4 like this.
  7. JC713

I love my iPhone and I really like iOS, it is clean and beautiful. But it is very very boring and too simple (made for newbies). I would like some aspects of Android in iOS, while still keeping it simple. iOS has its way to go, I like it, but both Android and iOS have features to share.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.