TechSpot

Weekend tech reading: Former IBM chief John Opel dies at 86

By Matthew
Nov 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. John R. Opel, who made IBM a colossus, dies at 86 John R. Opel, who presided over IBM in its final period of dominance in the information-processing industry and oversaw the…

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,387   +425

That's an excellent collection of articles today Matthew - all very good reads. Thanks!

Now that's funny - Republicans campaign on a platform of "less taxes," but then want online sales to be taxed. Typical politicians.

3. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

"World's most powerful laser to tear apart the vacuum of space"

There is something about this that just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Maybe I watch way too much Star Trek, but this kinda stuff doesn't usually work out for the Federation either... ;P

4. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I suspect an imminent Kardashian invasion.

5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 976   +99

Death Star IRL! They have always been watching too much Star Wars ;P I think they want to blow up those Marshians :3

6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 976   +99

Iv meant to say "they have been watching too much Star Wars" :3

7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

"Republicans introduce bill pushing Internet sales taxes"

Seems more like big retail lobbying hard for this so they don't actually have to compete by lowering prices and just force everyone back to them. If retail stores actually had prices comparable to online vendors I'm sure many would look at them again as a viable option.

Heh, thought of the same thing. Was just watching a DS9 episode of a strange void ripping a hole into space too D= .

We're already overrun, our only hope is to stop them from breeding!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.