Weekend tech reading: Full-sized Lego X-Wing Fighter

By Julio Franco
May 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. This is the world’s largest LEGO model at 11-feet tall, 43-feet long, and with a 44-foot wingspan. It's made of over five-million LEGO bricks (5,335,200 to be exact), weighs 45,979.61 pounds (including bricks and steel infrastructure), and took 32 builders...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 616   +185

The ONLY information we have from Microsoft clearly indicates that used games WILL need to be re-purchased at full price, and not just for each account but for EVERY XB1 that you wish to play on. Please stop propagating disinformation.
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 879   +52

That's a lot of lego bricks.
  4. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 477   +117

There is no clear information, but they have denied that it will be the full amount. And I believe that only 1 account needs the full game to work on the x1 being used, the "every account" sounds nuts... even for MS.
  5. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,570   +41

I said it before and Ill say it again they better make a easy way to plug your phone into your console and give it the internet if they don't to want fail with always on connection, or occasional connection.
  6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Illegal internet cafes in the land of the free. Sounds about right.
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,000   +710

This just goes to prove if you can latch on to any idea that's either pointless, inane, or flat out stupid, then do it to its ultimate extreme, you too can join the "elite" in the "Guiness Book of World Records". At close to 50,000 pounds, a real one could probably be built to weigh less.

Although, its weight and massively underpowered problems notwithstanding, I suppose you could roll the 'ol Imperial Star destroyer over to ninety degrees, and just let it fall out of the launch tube.*nerd*

This just in:
    Of course there was dissent:
    What I'm even more concerned about, is the number of FBI agents posing a 13 year old girls in internet chat rooms, that this bill will put out of work...:oops:
    spydercanopus likes this.
  8. spydercanopus

Oh no he didn't! Cranky just tossed in the REAL X-Wing card to the idea pot. Please let this come true.
  9. captaincranky

Would you settle for an RC flying model of a TIE fighter?
  10. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 563   +96

@Xbox: Still convinced that both were on the table until Microsoft saw the reaction

@LEGO: I'd love to see a USS Enterprise made with LEGOs :D
  11. captaincranky

You'll have to settle for an RC flying model also:
  12. spydercanopus

X-Wing, Cranky. X-Wing.
  13. captaincranky

Spyder, I laughed until I cried and couldn't breath, then I laughed some more

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.