Weekend tech reading: Google phone is real, called "Nexus One"

By Matthew
Dec 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Google Phone / Nexus One makes first Twitter appearance? Besides the pic, O'Brien tweets that the "Google Phone = iPhone + a little extra screen and a scroll wheel. Great touch screen, and Android." Granted, none of this is confirmed yet, but with Google releasing so many of the devices as part of its "mobile lab" concept, well, we expect to see plenty more sightings in the run up to the rumored January launch. Engadget

Read the whole story
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Easier to believe when we actually see one in consumer production, instead of in market tests to see if there is adequate interest.
  3. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,035   +91

I remember how much hype some of those tech flops made and when they lunched it all went downhill. Really good ideas but bad hardware.
  4. ken777

ken777 Newcomer, in training Posts: 103

I hope Google clarifies its Android strategy soon. Maybe launching their own "Google Phone" and being able to tightly control both the software and hardware is best for Google and for competing with the iPhone, but it seems like they're stabbing companies like Motorola in the back.
  5. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

I agree. This seems like it could be very problematic for Google.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.