Weekend tech reading: Grand Theft Auto V hands-on, eBay & the FBI, Galaxy S4 ad trashes Apple

By Julio Franco
May 5, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Above everything else, Grand Theft Auto V is a game about scope. Sure, the land mass in GTA V is three-and-a-half times the size of Red Dead Redemption alone. In fact, it’s bigger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and...

Read more
  2. Scshadow

Scshadow TechSpot Maniac Posts: 348   +37

The Aspire R7 looks interesting. Too bad its made by Acer. It wouldn't seem effective as a true LAPtop but they're intuitive enough to suggest that we might not need the trackpad by creating a unit that can hide the trackpad behind the display. I wonder about the center of gravity on that thing. When the center of gravity is closer to you like when the display is positioned in front of the trackpad, perhaps you can rest it closer to your knees, giving your hands typing room.
  3. m4a4

m4a4 TechSpot Addict Posts: 516   +137

I still think that people are misinterpreting the CEO of Blackberry (like in the last article). They assume it's the tablet form factor that will become "extinct". I think he was referring to the smartphone-esque OS's that power the tablets (hence why he said "Maybe a big screen in your workspace, but not a tablet as such." and didn't leave it with just "...not a tablet." ).

That also might be why he doesn't seem to support tablets; Blackberry OS is meant for mobile. And MAYBE in 5 years MS will get Windows 8(?) right, and redefine "tablets"?
  4. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Pretty psyched for GTA V. Time to change my system :D
  5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 968   +30

Seems like a strange interpretation. In any case I see no reason why these OS's would die. There's little in Android which prevents it from being used in any form of devices and for any purpose Windows for example may be used for. It even supports the basics for creating windows, and some apps do that, so if that ever becomes an issue for bigger devices I'm sure it won't be a problem to make windows part of the OS.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Linux fares on tablets and phones, and I hope that Microsoft finds a good strategy for them, but I don't see a reason for Android to fail.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,922   +724

Me too. Don't do anything silly now by spending a ton of cash on a complete new rig, wait until it's confirmed for the PC.
  7. I really want a S4 on sprint but none of the carriers have the 32GB or 64GB models yet. AT&T is the only one that has confirmed they are even getting the 32GB model.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.