Weekend tech reading: Intel discusses Haswell overclocking at IDF

By Matthew
Apr 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. As we march towards the June 2nd release of Intel's Haswell processors, the company is slowly but surely filling in the missing blanks. Most recently we saw a shot of the often discussed but rarely seen Haswell GT3e part with...

Read more
  2. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

Unless that secret is "create a piece of intellectual property,milk it until its' teats fall off then milk it some more." then he's just talking rubbish. Seriously, how many Mario games have there been so far? It's got to be at least 150 by now, and I'm not even exaggerating here. And what about that Zelda game he keeps remaking over and over again? It is the same game, I don't care what anyone says. Okay, sometimes you've got a flute and sometimes you're in a boat, but you're always the same twerp with a boomerang, bombs and a blade saving the same brain-dead bimbo from her serial abductor.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,746   +1,421

Seriously if you are going to generalize, you might as well describe every game ever created. Lets not forget if a game changes to much, it would no longer be worthy of keeping the same name.
  4. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

It's not generalising when it's pretty much the same game every time just with one or two elements changed.
  5. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 852   +73

Zelda only has a few reoccurring themes, aside from that they are almost all entirely different games. Cod games haven't changed since MW1 and everyone buys that.
  6. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 812   +18

I just wonder how big the files are for Pelican.
  7. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 963   +147

I hope game developers will re-encode past games, hire top-notch Hollywood screenwriters for game dialogue/storyline, then release these well-polished games.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.